PN Weight Loss Club STATS

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
HerMajesty

PN Weight Loss Club STATS

Post by HerMajesty »

Hi All,

Welcome to the PN WEIGHT LOSS CLUB STATS. Anyone is welcome to join upon reading THE RULES below.

This idea was conceived in the thread "Need to lose 30lbs". That will still be our "chat" thread for tips, encouragement, suggestions on changes to be made to these STATS rules, etc.
We started this club so that those of us who have gained weight due to PN (inability to excercise, meds, etc) can motivate each other to take some weight off.

THE RULES:

1. This is for our HEALTH as people with PN. Please do not do anything that exacerbates your pain, or anything else unhealthy, to lose weight. Things to NOT do include any kind of excercise that exacerbates your symptoms, any kind of excercise that exceeds the recommended activity level after a medical procedure or surgery, changing your medication regimen in any way without Physician approval, mixing diet pills or weight loss supplements with prescription medications unless approved by a Physician who is familiar with your condition and all your medications, etc.

2. To join this club, hit "Reply". Then enter in your start date, goal, and method you will be using to measure your goal. Most of us will have a number of pounds to lose as a goal and will be weighing-in every Saturday. But some of us do not like scales and want to use inches, clothes sizes, etc.

3. Every Saturday is weigh-in for pounds lost, but those using another method might check in on a different schedule. To weigh in / check in, DO NOT HIT REPLY. Hit "edit" on your original post and add the current date and your weigh-in or other update. That way each person will have a single post which contains a running tally of progress.

4. WEIGH-IN METHOD: We all start at "0". If we lose two pounds in the firs week, our weigh-in for the 2nd week would be "-2". if we lose 1 pound the next week, our number for the third week would be the total, "-3". If we gain a pound the next week, four week total would be "-2". So each week, the number to enter in is the total cumulative number of pounds lost so far. This way nobody has to disclose their actual weight.

5. CHECK IN METHOD: Anyone who does not like to weigh in can be creative and check in on whatever schedule they please, using whatever update method they please.

6. Recommended but not required: Take a "Before" picture and do not post it. After you reach your goal, or are at a milestone such as your halfway point, feel invited to post "Before and After" pictures. Cropping out or blacking out your face for internet privacy is recommended.

7. STARTING AND ENDING: You can start at any time by posting a reply including your start date. If you reach your goal, please Announce it which much eye-catching fanfare at the bottom of your post and leave it up as an inspiration to others. If you want to quit and are sure you will not change your mind, please delete your post so we know who is still participating.

8. This section is for STATS. Please one post per person (with serial editing), and make you comments on the "Need to Lose 30Lbs" thread which is the chat section for this group.

9. Please go at your own pace and do not be discouraged. Some of us get a kick out of being competitive but this is not really fair as a competetion, since some of us are less disabled and can excercise more. 2 years ago when I was first diagnosed I could not walk around the block, and now with the treatment I have had so far, I can walk several miles. If you are at that stage where you can't walk around the block, don't try to compete with anyone who can circle the block 20 times, you'll just become discouraged. Please just be encouraged by others' successes, that is the point of this group.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
HerMajesty

Re: PN Weight Loss Club STATS

Post by HerMajesty »

I started this Saturday June 4, 2011 and have a goal to lose 60 pounds. I will be weighing-in and posting here every Saturday...of course this Saturday I started as a "0" like everyone else.
June 11 2011, -2
...which is dumb luck due to being too busy to eat; I was also too busy to excercise and that will have to change for any sustained weight loss. Summer break has begun: next week I hope to be able to report in not only weight loss but that I have begun to excercise regularly!!
June 18, 2011 -3 this week, -5 total
June 25, 2011 +2 this week, -3 total :oops: ...didn't get serious about excercise til the end of the week, been lazy, less stressed, hungry. will redeem myself next weeK!
July 2, 2011 -3 this week, -6 total (PMS week over!)
I won't be posting July 9 as we will be on vacation aka "holiday". I'll have a computer but not a scale so will check up on the rest of you and post July 16 8-)
July 16 +3 over my lil vacation, back to -3 total...ugh the reality is I gained every ounce back on vacation but I've been home 5 days so redeemed myself a bit. :oops:
July 23 +1 total at the moment, something went funny yesterday, I had lost a couple of additional pounds this week and then yesterday I had a major migraine and spent the day drinking coffee and popping pills, almost no food, and gained 6 pounds in 1 day (????!!!!) Kind of alarming but I checked my blood pressure and it's normal. Must be some major water retention so I call this week doesn't count, LOL.
July 31 Sorry I am a day late, -2 now does anyone see a pattern here? like I keep on losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over again. And I know exactly why, cuz I have NOT been excercising like I should, something about these meds makes me lie around like a neutered dog. Today I got to church for the 1st time in awhile due to a bunch of circumstances, got me back feeling half alive again and I actually excercised. Hopefully I can break this cycle & achieve something. Much credit to you Tracy I need to get with the program!
Last edited by HerMajesty on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

I have started the journey to lose 60 lbs on June 4, 2011. Weigh-In's and postings will be each Saturday. Keep the positive vibes going and don't push to hard!! :)

June 4, 2011 0 lbs
June 11, 2011 -4 lbs yippee!!! :D
June 18, 2011 -6 lbs (2 more down, many many more to go) :)
June 25, 2011 -9 lbs (3 more down this week. Imagine if I actually exercised!)
July 2, 2011 -14 lbs (Dang, I'm not sure how that happened, but yehaw!!! Maybe its the summer heat melting it off or the new man. :lol: )
July 9, 2011 -13 lbs (Ooops, guess mashed potatoes and sausage gravy wasn't the smartest dinner but it sure tasted good. :? )
July 16, 2011 -14 lbs (New man likes to eat...gotta find a balance since I do too!! :) )
July 23, 2011 Ooops, distracted and didn't weigh in...sorry.
July 30, 2011 -17 lbs (For two weeks, three pounds isn't bad. PT wants me to start walking again)
August 6, 2011 -18 lbs (slowing down but at least still going down...bet it's the Dilly Bars slowing me up!! :P )
Last edited by TracyB7777 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

I started June 2. I want to wear a size 10 misses. I wear a size 16 now and will post when I am in a size 14. :)
June 16, -4
Last edited by missyrg on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Starting from June 4th 2011 I will achieve a 35lb weight loss which I will maintain (and maybe excede slightly) Editing this post every Saturday. :D
:) -8 on July 2nd :)
9th July DAMN! getting too cocky +2lbs this week so -6 altogether GRRRR! I bought a new pair of jeans just before we started this and they do feel more roomy, Think that has lulled me in to a false sense of slim.
-7 on July 16th not great ! but a bit better
-9 on July 23rd no clue how ? ? it's more incentive to be good,think I've adjustied to eating less so less of a hardship.

Ok I gave up for a bit, Didn't give up feeling FAT tho'. Part of 'the programme' HAS to be coming here and recounting what needs counting! I feel a bit more focussed already.
Bloody Hell Tracey, way to go girl !!!! :D I am going to exercise too HM.
So August 13th -8
Last edited by helenlegs 11 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 am, edited 10 times in total.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Starting from now 6th June 2011 I aim to lose 20lbs in the next month....photos will follow and my self esteem will be huge once I reach this target...updates will follow weekly!
Well its now 25th June and so far Ive lost 4 pounds so im not on target but do feel better eating much less carbs and calories....its a work in progress for sure!!!!
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Starting Sat. June 11th I aim to lose 14 pounds in one month. (i think that's about 5 kilos.) In Australia we work on kilos but I'll measure in pounds. if I remember correctly 14lbs is 1 stone and I think that is equal to 5 kilos. Am I right? I aim to walk more and cut out snacking between meals.

Catherine
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
calluna

Post by calluna »

I started on Sunday 5 June, I aim to lose 30 lb.

I want to get my BMI back in the green - I'm using this chart from the British Heart Foundation, coincidentally this works out to losing 30lb.

I'd also like to be able to wear UK size 12 jeans. At the moment I am wearing size 16. (Size chart from Boden here, as are the jeans.)

(Catherine - a stone doesn't work out neatly in kilos, it is about 6.36. One kilo is 2.2 lb, 14 lb to a stone. 5 kilos is 11lb. ;) )
Last edited by calluna on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Bumping this thread up before it drops off the bottom of the page!
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Thanks Calluna

We actually need to reactivate this thread.

I like some others havent reached my target.....oh well. In recent times Ive not put on more weight but do need to shift a lot to make me more comfortable as other health issues are becoming more prevalent. At last the days are getting longer, so more activity even gently may help with shifting some inches
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”