New here, 18 and extremely worried

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Bertie

Re: New here, 18 and extremely worried

Post by Bertie »

Hi, yes the crawling over feeling some of us do get, it is called "centralisation" the Americans call it "wind up", I had it quite bad but is calming down now , the other nerves join in the party it is all to do with the brain and the central nervous system, that's why the " nerve "pills are quite important if you can take them I take 20mg of amitriptyline and that has calmed them down quite abit.

As the pudendal nerve has a lot to do with our peeing, I would have thought it could cause dribbling to, I can't feel my bladder like I used to.

When do you see your GP, mine hadn't got a clue.
travelisdangerous

Post by travelisdangerous »

I see my GP tomorrow, not holding up too much hope though, I'm still counting on this clearing up but I'm not sure if that's an unrealistic thought.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Why wouldn't you trust your GP? The puny incident you had does not explain the pain you are experiencing. By being so tense your pelvic floor muscles are squeezing your nerves and organs. Do you have less pain after a glass of wine? (you are in the UK right?). Make sure to tell your GP that you are extremely stressed about the situation.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/stress-man ... n-the-body
-Aches, pains, and tense muscles

http://www.everydayhealth.com/pain-mana ... -pain.aspx
Pain Relief: Start With Stress Relief
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
travelisdangerous

To go into more detail, at the time I remember feeling a very slight pain and losing my erection a little which I tried to correct but I think I made things worse. Also I was VERY drunk so I think if I was doing something that caused pain I would have felt the pain much less. It is the only thing I can think of that would have caused this and I think the bruise that I got proves that something was wrong.

I think I was just incredibly unlucky, as all the symptoms I've had so far imply some kind of nerve damage.
ezer

Post by ezer »

travelisdangerous, really it is so unlikely. You are not the first guy that was drunk and had sex. Go to that GP and maybe a very seasoned urologist. You are young and it will be gone in a few weeks, assuming you can overcome the stress you are having. Stress does lower your pain threshold and I am sure you are tightening your pelvic muscles like crazy right now without realizing it.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
travelisdangerous

But what explains my frequent urination, urine leakage (which is getting incredibly annoying) crawling on skin sensation, pins and needles and sitting down pain? Could these be symptoms of just tight pelvis muscles??
ezer

Post by ezer »

Yes totally. Those symptoms are signs of non-bacterial prostatitis often stress induced (urine leakage, frequent urination, pain). Stress and muscles tightening around the prostate seem to be involved. The urethra runs through the center of the prostate, from the bladder to the penis, letting urine flow out of the body which may be why you have problems there. That has nothing to do with PNE.
It is why I think a visit to a seasoned urologist may be a good idea. A urologist may be able to reassure you and alleviate the stress you are experiencing which is really key to recovering from this pathology (if diagnosed). The more stress you have the more severe it gets.

Please read the following that is concise and to the point. Everything you reported in your first post is listed below:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/456165-clinical
Patients with abacterial prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS; category III in the 1995 National Institutes of Health prostatitis classification system) have the same symptom complex as those with chronic bacterial prostatitis. The chief symptom reported by patients with abacterial prostatitis/CPPS is pain. Genitourinary symptoms include perineal, penile tip, testicular, rectal, lower abdominal, or back pain.

Patients can also have irritative or obstructive urologic symptoms such as frequency, urgency, dysuria, decreased force of the urinary stream, nocturia, and incontinence. Other symptoms are a clear urethral discharge, ejaculatory pain, hematospermia, and sexual dysfunction.

Many patients with abacterial prostatitis have emotional strife and some psychological difficulties (ie, socially, sexually, or both). Patients should be questioned with regard to their overall social adjustment. Stress level is important because stress is responsible for increased tension of the pelvic floor and the internal urinary sphincter, resulting in the symptoms of prostatitis.
travelisdangerous

Ah okay it could be that then, I just feel the tingling sensation is a sign of nerve damage.

Just came back from seeing a GP, pointless as expected. Instantly dismissed I had any form of nerve/penis damage and gave me azithromycin in case is it some kind of infection. They were absolutely convinced it was an infection, which is annoying because I know it isnt as I've been tested before but I guess they need to go over every possible cause.

Also I've never heard of any std or infection that has the same symptoms of PN.
ezer

Post by ezer »

They probably want to see if it is indeed bacterial prostatitis. An infection in the prostate is very hard to detect so they give antibiotics empirically (azithromicin is a strange choice though). Bacterial prostatitis will give you all the same symptoms listed above including incontinence and pain. Your muscles will squeeze nerves and organs around an inflamed prostate so you will feel electric nerve pain. PN is so unlikely.
They are right to look for the obvious (bacterial Prostatitis and non-bacterial-prostatitis). 25% of men will have prostatitis in their lifetime so it is so much more likely than PN.
ezer

Post by ezer »

travelisdangerous, you can see the logic he is following here:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2010/0815/p397.html

You should really follow your GP's recommendation and see what happens. If you don't improve, a referral to a good urologist is highly desirable. I would insist on it. But assuming you are diagnosed eventually with non-bacterial prostatitis or prostatodynia, relaxing and distressing are key to recovering.

First-line antibiotics for bacterial prostatitis
Fluoroquinolones
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro)
Levofloxacin (Levaquin)
Norfloxacin (Noroxin)
Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole(Bactrim DS, Septra DS)

Second-line antibiotics
Doxycycline
Azithromycin (Zithromax)
Clarithromycin (Biaxin)

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”