Twike - a car and a bike

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Amanda

Twike - a car and a bike

Post by Amanda »

i would like Kris to introduce this adaptation that he has used to help his pain.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
KRISG

Re: Twike - a car and a bike

Post by KRISG »

Ok here it goes ..

I have a car that is in fact a recumbent bike on electricity ...
it runs 85 km /hour and can go 200 km with a single battery loading .

I have bought it pure for the fact that I can drive it for hours without pain.
That is because you more lay down in it then that you sit in it .

I have adjusted the seats a bit more as they are and made them even flatter , like less then 30 degrees .
twike.JPG
twike.JPG (8.1 KiB) Viewed 3047 times
Your feet are higher as your pelvis when you drive in it as it has pedals in the front .
The steering goes in a joystick like way. You can drive it with only one hand.
You can but you don't have to pedal .. the main power is the electric one .

For more info see http://www.twike.com

Before I had it , I had a big four wheel drive .. and I was shattered having to drive that after a day work .
Now it is very relaxing .. the tight muscles relax during my trip from the office home ...

It is one of my ways of living with PN pain..
And it only needs 1 euro for 200 km electricity so after the purchase you almost drive for free !.

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Thanks Kris

Wow your Twike looks so cool....almost spaceage....but having had the pleasure of driving in it I know that it is truly comfortable....the seats are at an angle that all pressure is taken off the rear end....it takes some adjusting but it is very comfortable....!!! I am thinking of buying one for myself having tried it in Belgium recently.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
KRISG

Post by KRISG »

Hi Amanda,

Nice ..Then one day we could do a PNE benefit rally maybe ... In Ireland as the roads are so right for it there ...narrow and curly :lol: :lol:
You see..PNE can be good for enviroment ...

It's the only car I know of that you can drive , laying down on your back with your feet in the air .
I think if you can lay down without pain on your back it should work for you too..

Kris
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
ezer

Post by ezer »

Kris,
It is a 3 wheeler! Don't drive like Jeremy Clarkson in his Robin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130OVZcMEcA

Seriously it looks cool.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Very funny Ezer....Im not sure that the Twike is meant to be a rally car hahaha.......it is very comfy though. The funny thing is that once I got out of it when visiting Kris I only realised it ws a 3 wheeler... :o :o :o :o
KRISG

Post by KRISG »

:lol: :lol:

Luckily the centre of gravity is like a cart ...
like 20 cm above the road so no risk for going out of the curve like that .
But ... funny video :lol:

Kris
GraceUnderFire

Post by GraceUnderFire »

Is this available in the US?

Grace
Woke screaming from ab hyst 6/08
Diagnosed w/PN, ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neuralgias 1/09
3 PN blocks w/Dr Quesada
Rt side TIR, ilioinguinal neurectomy & vestibulectomy 5/09 Dr Conway
Left side TIR 2/10 Dr Conway
Potter MRI 9/10 and consultation w/Loretta & Dr Hibner 12/10
Bilateral ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, genitofemoral release w/Dr. Hashemi Aug 2011 left & Sept rt
Bilateral TG surgery w/Dr. Conway will be in January 2012
KRISG

Post by KRISG »

I think so
Go to www.twike.com
It is german but distributed worldwide
But they only make like 50 cars a year ...handmade
There are only 1000 worldwide now ...

I had another thing today .. I was holded by the police
And then ofcourse you think damm what did i do wrong ...

It was to inform where it was from how hard it could run etc :D :D

Thats another thing about it ... Very much attention :lol

Kris
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Well Kris I am sure that you were able to inform the police about your Twike....I cannot imagine that they will be using them as policecars...although with money saving ideas maybe they will.........???? :? :? :?

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”