New favourite cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
calluna

New favourite cushion

Post by calluna »

I have recently bought a cushion from Amazon UK which has rapidly become my new favourite. I can use it in the car, I haven't found one that felt comfortable on a car seat before this. It works really well for me on firm surfaces, less so on soft surfaces. I like the fact that you can inflate it as much or as little as you like. It looks to be very hardwearing, I expect it to last a good while - hopefully it will outlast my PN!

It is the Togu Air Active Cushion - here - this is the Classic version. It is not cheap, but I think it is worth it for the use that I expect to get from it.

(There is also a Comfort version which they also sell as a wheelchair cushion, this one is even more expensive.)

I found this excellent cushion as a result of a comment from someone on this forum - I cannot remember who it was, but thankyou, whoever you are!
donstore

Re: New favourite cushion

Post by donstore »

It was me Calluna. I love this cushion. Even takes care of me in a bouncing bus with a hard plastic seat. Easy to tuck under your arm. Durable. Like the cover - cooler and more comfy.A great investment.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
calluna

Post by calluna »

I shall say thankyou again then, donstore. It is much appreciated, I am keeping mine in the car as it really helps there. Where did you get the cover, may I ask?
Kath

Post by Kath »

Hi Calluna,

I have been looking at this cushion too. thanks for the feedback, I think it would suit me especially in the car which is the firmest of seats we have. I didn't realise you could pump it up. The price was the only thing putting me off but right now I want comfort.

If a cushion like this is comfortable and there is no pain does it mean it is safe to sit using it. I am still worried that any sitting is bad.

I did read on one website yesterday of a woman who had pain for 10 years and was cured by avoiding sitting. It took along time but it did work.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Calluna,
Cover was included with cushion on US Amazon site. Cost was $100 plus tax and shipping.
Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
calluna

Post by calluna »

Hmmm. Amazon.com has just told me that it can't ship this item to my address in the UK. I wonder why not? Oh well. It costs $105 at the moment, so it is only £7.50 more to get it from Amazon.co.uk...... Maybe next month! :)
calluna

Post by calluna »

I don't quite understand your post, PipRoma. Amazon.com simply would not let me purchase the item, when I went to checkout, it said that they could not ship it to my address - which is of course here in the UK. I have bought from Amazon.com before with no problem, by the way.

I shall be buying one from Amazon here in the UK - we need two in our household now, my husband has found that it really helps his back problems.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”