Acupressure mats

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Dave

Acupressure mats

Post by Dave »

I'd be willing to try any crazy idea if it had a chance of controlling pain. If there was documented evidence that spreading peanut butter in your hair controlled pain, I'd be searching my pantry for the Skippy! :lol:

On that note, does anyone know anything about acupressure mats? Supposedly, (according to Dr. Oz and others) they help the body release endorphins. 

I'd be willing to try it, but I'd rather not spend that 20 bucks on one if it's just another gimmick.
Violet M

Re: Acupressure mats

Post by Violet M »

Dave, I think accupressure works on a similar theory as accupuncture. Some people have reported improvements with accupuncture but I did not find it very helpful. Seems like a mat could be helpful for someone with a tense pelvic floor who just needed help with relaxation but if you have a nerve entrapment maybe not so much?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Skylar

Post by Skylar »

Hey Dave, thanks for the skippy chuckle.

I did read an article somewhere that said the peanut butter only works if you add honey to it and sprinkle feathers on top!! Please post photo if you decide to try it? :lol: What's that? Of course you can trust me. :P
Unilateral pain began in 2009 from fall trauma.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fall_Girl wrote:Hey Dave, thanks for the skippy chuckle.

I did read an article somewhere that said the peanut butter only works if you add honey to it and sprinkle feathers on top!! Please post photo if you decide to try it? :lol: What's that? Of course you can trust me. :P
I hear that Fluff works too!
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Dave wrote: I hear that Fluff works too!
Should that not be 'I fear that fluff works too' :D as I now have a distinctly disturbing mental image and have totally lost my appetite :)
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”