Surgery Tomorrow

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
TinyDancer

Surgery Tomorrow

Post by TinyDancer »

Hi folks,

Okay, I guess it's my turn now. So many of you have been right where I am now, starving in their hotel room. I can't believe all the waiting is over, well mostly. Now all I have to do is wait to get well. Lisa was really down playing a quick recovery. She told me that it could be four months before I notice a change.

Yesterday was my pre-op appointment. Plan on spending at least four hours for this process. There was something that happended that really had the nurses nickers in a twist. They thought that I was having a heart attack because of my EKG! Let me tell you, surgery was the last thing that I had on my mind when the cardiologist walked in and looked very concerned.

Now, I'm having an allergic reaction to something and I think it may be the antiseptic wash that they're having me use.

I'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow,
Kate
Surgery with Dr. Micheal Hibner March 14, 2011
Am 85% better in only 5 months and so grateful to Dr. Hibner
THIS FORUM ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS!!!
My thanks to all of you.
carla10

Re: Surgery Tomorrow

Post by carla10 »

All the best to you Kate! Will be thinking about you tomorrow too

Carla
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi Kate
Hope yours is the success story we all love so much, everything crossed for you.
Helen xxxxx
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

Kate,

YOu will be in the best of hands and I'll be praying for you. As of this time tomorrow, your nerve will be FREED! :-)

Please rest a lot and walk as you can. Whatever you do, don't get desperate and use mag citrate for constipation!! :o :o

Praying,

A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
RJR

Post by RJR »

Hi Kate,
Thought of you several times over the weekend, wondering how you are doing. Jello and beef broth helped me get thru the day, Sunday...along with a Tour de Phoenix car ride. You are in caring and capable hands. And I look forward to hearing your update on the other side of tomorrow.
RR
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Kate, I guess you must not have been having a heart attack since you are posting -- just curious how your heart got cured that quickly. Maybe you can tell us someday when you are recovered from surgery. :D Speaking of surgery......best wishes! ;)
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
LottaNerve

Post by LottaNerve »

Kate,
Add me to your cheering section. I will be sending prayers to Phoenix tonight and in the morning.
May you be one of the miracles. gentle hugs to you ((((((((((((((((Kate))))))))))))))))
-Sharon
http://www.icandpne.wordpress.com
1995 First symptoms of PNE and IC
8/2010 Dr. Hibner, left TG- failed surgery.
3/2011 & 10/2011 - Dr. Dellon, left dorsal/perineal neurolysis -also failed.
1/2012 3-day ketamine infusions. Pain-free for several days! Bladder flared from IC.
11/2012 Intrathecal pain pump (bupivacaine, clonidine, morphine) Dr. Joshua Prager, UCLA.
2/13 My pain is reduced!
5/15 Living life again!
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Kate, you will be in my prayers tomorrow, and I will be praying for the doctor and the staff...for VICTORY!
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

pianogal wrote:Kate, you will be in my prayers tomorrow, and I will be praying for the doctor and the staff...for VICTORY!
Amen, pianogal. Kate, we are praying for Dr. Hibner and his staff.

AM
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Best wishes, Kate!
We'll all be pulling for you!
Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “SURGERY”