Surgery in Houston

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Karyn

Re: Surgery in Houston

Post by Karyn »

Charlie wrote:My only query is does n't 'windowing' just mean cutting through the ligaments?
I asked Dr. Conway about this when I saw him last month, as I was under the impression he would be creating a "window" to access the nerve. He said what he and Dr. Antolak do is NOT windowing. He basically said that "windowing" is just as it sounds: a rectangular window is incised in the ligament, whereas he and Dr. Antolak make a verticle slice and suture that slice.
Hope this helps!
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Karyn wrote:
Charlie wrote:My only query is does n't 'windowing' just mean cutting through the ligaments?
I asked Dr. Conway about this when I saw him last month, as I was under the impression he would be creating a "window" to access the nerve. He said what he and Dr. Antolak do is NOT windowing. He basically said that "windowing" is just as it sounds: a rectangular window is incised in the ligament, whereas he and Dr. Antolak make a verticle slice and suture that slice.
Hope this helps!
Warm regards,
Karyn

Thanks Karyn
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
paulette

Post by paulette »

Greg,
Can you can tell me how you found out the Houston has the most cures? And what, in your opinion, constitutes a cure? Thanks, paulette
bamboo

Post by bamboo »

Hi Gregg from Philly - you mentioned in your post that you have labral hip tears. Could you tell me how they were discovered, what the symptoms are, and if you are going to need surgery to repair them? Sorry to ask so many questions, and I thank you in advance for any light you can shed on hip tears. Thank you for your inspiring post also and a touch of sanity. I think we're all grouches at some point because of years of frustration. :)

Bamboo

Return to “SURGERY”