Epsom Salt stops the burning

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
kat

Epsom Salt stops the burning

Post by kat »

Magnesium in Epsom salts turns off pain receptors.
I soak in this each day before bed, PT or activity. It turns the burning off for up to 2 hours (for me it does).
I use at least 2 cups in the bath tub.
Walgreens sells 6 lb. bags of it for 3 bucks.
Cheap and better for us than pills.

Good luck
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
Faith

Re: Epsom Salt stops the burning

Post by Faith »

Epsom salt also really drys out your skin. I don't know where exactly you are soaking, but you might want to be careful of that. Vulvar dryness and cracking can lead to a whole lot of other problems.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
JRS

Post by JRS »

INSTANT OCEAN SEA was recommended to me by my Urgo/Gyno for vulvadynia. It basically is a very delicate sea salt used to maintain health of delicate marine fish and invertebrates. You buy it at a Pet Store. I did soak in it and it did help ease the tissues and was not drying. I did, as recommended by my doctor, shower or rinse with plain water after the soak. It's was roughly $20USD for 7.5 lbs.
Symptoms started 7/2010 following Cellulitis infection
Hysterectomy 11/08 due to fibroids/4 child births
Rt Leg Obturator & Piriformis Pain
Sacral Pain
Current Medications: Lidocaine 5% Patch, Baclofen,Tramadol, Xanax
Topical Amitriptyline/Gabapentin Compound as I am not tolerating systemic treatment
Under Pain Management Care, Seeing a PN therapist (8 visits to date)
PN Block via CT Guide (3/11)
(2) ESI Trigger Point Injections (4/22/11)
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

An easier alterative to running a bath is to use a sitz bath. Fill it up with warm-hot water and epsom salts, place it on the toilet seat (after raising the lid), and sit on it for up to twenty minutes (with a good book). Ahhhhhhhh. I find it relaxes my pelvic floor and eases the pain and burning. Sometimes I also apply some ice on the perineum immediately afterwards.

Lernica
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

man, people told me to do all that stuff like sitz baths. it never worked for me. but now, it's been 7 years... maybe I'll give it another try. never done the ocean one from the pet store. I do take baths whenever I hurt and they help magnificantly. maybe I just never noticed a connection with putting stuff in the bath... only tried it a few times.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”