Healing from Surgery

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Romaine

Re: Healing from Surgery

Post by Romaine »

Hi,
Professor Carlstedt did not specify why he did not want to do the two together, he just stated that both couldnt be done together. My experience though showed that it was the better option as it was easier having one side to turn on, etc .
romaine
abmia22

Post by abmia22 »

The reason he does not do the surgery bilaterally is so that the patient will not be rendered permanently incontinent. If he only messes up one side you will still retain urinary and bowel function.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

abmia22 wrote:The reason he does not do the surgery bilaterally is so that the patient will not be rendered permanently incontinent. If he only messes up one side you will still retain urinary and bowel function.
The surgeons are decompressing the nerve not cutting through it. The surgery would have to be performed disastrously for a patient to be rendered incontinent.

Good luck with your recovery Romaine.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.

Return to “SURGERY”