Parking Permit/Disability Blue Badge

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
Amanda

Parking Permit/Disability Blue Badge

Post by Amanda »

Do you hold a parking permit/disability Blue badge because of your PN problems?
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
calluna

Re: Parking Permit/Disability Blue Badge

Post by calluna »

Yes.
merrie

Post by merrie »

I do as well.
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
GraceUnderFire

Post by GraceUnderFire »

Me too :)
Woke screaming from ab hyst 6/08
Diagnosed w/PN, ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neuralgias 1/09
3 PN blocks w/Dr Quesada
Rt side TIR, ilioinguinal neurectomy & vestibulectomy 5/09 Dr Conway
Left side TIR 2/10 Dr Conway
Potter MRI 9/10 and consultation w/Loretta & Dr Hibner 12/10
Bilateral ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, genitofemoral release w/Dr. Hashemi Aug 2011 left & Sept rt
Bilateral TG surgery w/Dr. Conway will be in January 2012
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Used to before surgery.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
drds89

Post by drds89 »

Yep. For now. Count me among the unashamed. I think we have used it 4 times in 6 months. I don't get out much to places for 'fun' like the floral shop, to get my wife some flowers for her birthday last month. That was one, and 2 doctor visits, and the 3T MRI in Richmond: I think that's it.

Have always parked far away so others could have the front row, don't mind walking, etc.

It never occurred to me to think of being a "Handicap Space" Vigilante or "Cherub of Justice" and leave a note on someone's windshield who did not appear to be worthy of the sticker. I'm sure they are out there otherwise I wouldn't have to fill out the form, but it is just common sense that some disabilities are 'invisible', like PN, MS & ALS (early stages), CHF, CVA, and a host of other alphabet soup conditions. Who ever posted about limping, or getting a crutch or a cane, at first I resisted that idea, but now I'm thinking more about it. And get a neck collar too. And an IV pole. It is sad that we would have to feel like 'justifying' ourselves. Well, in hockey, 'diving' is a penalty, but in soccer it is an art form and rewarded. Go figure.
Fell skating 2008. Abnormal PNMLT R perineal branch 12/08. Pudendal block +relief for several hours. Complete recovery, off medications, using cushion after 9 months; re-injured late 2009 doing yardwork. Major flare after injections 2&3 Feb. 2010. No sitting/hyperprotecting since 2/2010 to present. Symptoms gradually better, but not like the first time; still with pain up to 5, but 1-3 most common and 0 while recumbent.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

The idea of this thread was to count the number of people who have currently or previously held a parking badge as a result of PN problems.
As we are an invisible group we deserve the same possibilities of those who have more visible disabilities.....if normal living is impeded we should also be entitled to the same disability aids that those who have more obvious causes so that we can be independent in our normal living methods.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
kat

Post by kat »

yes
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

I already had handicap plates and the placard for when I am in another car due to my foot pain. However I would have fought to get one for PN/PNE due to the parking issues at work very large distances to walk unless you can get in at 5am and not need to leave and then return to work. The invisibility of the foot pain (the more I walk the less I can walk and it is both feet so I do not limp) came into play while visiting my brother and parking at the grocery store. An older gentleman tracked us down and said he called the police. Fortunately the police did not show up so maybe he was just threatening -also my brother was in adifferent part of the store so he said this to me and my sister in law(my placard but her car). My brother was not happy about it but the guy disappeared. It is not easy but you do what you have to and I do try to take the front spot only on worse days if there are others open other days I leave the front spot for others.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I haven't been and got mine yet, but I have been 'allowed' one. That's it! I will get mine today. So. . . Yes!
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”