x

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Pelvis Stressly

Re: Penile Pain - Update

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

AliPasha1 wrote:It doesn't measure numbness or burning sensation.
That's exactly what it tests actually... "the pssd can identify nerves that are causing: • numbness, tingling, or pain" (from the following article... http://www.headtotoehealthcare.org/libr ... esting.pdf)
AliPasha1 wrote:THe PSSD just determines how much presssure is being applied from the base of the Penis to the tip of the Penis.For a normal person,it is 1 GM/MM^2 .Mine is was 34.3 on the left and 22.4 on the right.That means that is badly compressed.
But isn't the point that, in order to determine how much pressure is required for you to feel the probes, the test is reliant on the patient's feedback (which is based solely on sensation...therefore, if more pressure is required for you to feel anything, doesn't that, by definition, imply some degree of numbness?).

Anyway, sorry the test was so painful for you (at least it seemed to confirm your suspicions).
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yes thanks for the report back about Dellon ,Ali.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

You are welcome Charlie.

PS,
I guess that's what I meant to say.However,one thing that bothers me is what if the pressure felt at the base of the Penis and the tip of the Penis is coming from entrapment in the Alcock's Canal/Falciform process of the ligament. :?:However,the awful burning at the tip of the Penis is a very good indication that it is the dorsal nerve.It was indeed a terrible burning sensation. :evil:

I think the Aerospace Engineer mentioned in the paper could possibly be Dr. Dellon's son because he told me that his son was a mechanical Engineer. :)

All the best,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
ezer

Post by ezer »

Ali,
Thanks for the update. It seems that your plan is well thought out and you proceeded very logically.

Dan,
Neurolysis is to free the nerve from adhesion.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Pelvis Stressly

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

AliPasha1 wrote:one thing that bothers me is what if the pressure felt at the base of the Penis and the tip of the Penis is coming from entrapment in the Alcock's Canal/Falciform process of the ligament.
Well, I think that was one of the main points of Dellon, Aszmann, et al's studies...that these more 'penile symptoms' aren't caused by entrapments at the more 'traditional' sites (as previously believed), but are actually more indicative of dorsal entrapment.

And interesting re. Dellon's son...didn't know that (or that Dellon was so old! He's looking good for a 68 year old, based on the videos of him I've seen!).
PS
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi PS,
Those are his pictures from about 20 or 30 years ago.He is an old guy. :D

Take care,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

Hi PS,
I have the same impression of him.

M.
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi PS and Mullen,
He is almost my Dad's age.

Regards,
Ali

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”