Plea - keep your signatures updated

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
susibee

Plea - keep your signatures updated

Post by susibee »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and learning a lot from you! So, thank you!

One thing that would make things even easier for a new person is if members up-dated their signatures as often as possible.

I'm sure you know each other, what each others' symptoms are and what treatments each person underwent, and where, since he/she joined the forum and wrote their signature, but as a new person, I don't, and it could take hours and hours to try to figure it out through searches.

Just an idea. Thanks!
Vulvodynia diagnosed '01; symptom was occassional vulvar itching/rawness after sex.
Autumn '10, localized clitoral and left labial burning after sex
March '11, new left buttock pain, worsened clitoral/left labial pain/burning.
May '11, increased sitting pain.
Summer '11, pain decreased/plateaued to 0-4/5.
Treatment: 75 mg nortriptyline nightly, definitely helps; PT x 4, didn't really help.
Consults with Hibner and Dellon, left me with questions.
Next step: MRI in NYC or VT.
Mulan

Re: Plea - keep your signatures updated

Post by Mulan »

Hi Susibee, Could you tell me how to do so? Thanks, M.
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
Faith

Post by Faith »

Mulan,

Click on User Control Panel, then Profile, then edit signature.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

Thanks, Faith. I got it ! M. :)
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Mulan, you move fast! According to your signature, your pain started in February, 2011 and you got your first block in March, 2011? And you're already doing PT? At this rate you'll have surgery in the summer and have recovered before the end of the year!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

I noticed that too Lernica. My doctors told me that the pain wasn't considered "chronic" until it had reached the 3 month mark.
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum
susibee

Post by susibee »

Lernica wrote:Mulan, you move fast! According to your signature, your pain started in February, 2011 and you got your first block in March, 2011? And you're already doing PT? At this rate you'll have surgery in the summer and have recovered before the end of the year!
You know, I just read this comment, and maybe this is because of the internet and this board. So I want to take a moment to be grateful for the internet that connects us and grateful to those who set up this website for all of us to benefit.

Literally, it may be that this website has saved people years of pain. Imagine that! And THANK YOU.
Vulvodynia diagnosed '01; symptom was occassional vulvar itching/rawness after sex.
Autumn '10, localized clitoral and left labial burning after sex
March '11, new left buttock pain, worsened clitoral/left labial pain/burning.
May '11, increased sitting pain.
Summer '11, pain decreased/plateaued to 0-4/5.
Treatment: 75 mg nortriptyline nightly, definitely helps; PT x 4, didn't really help.
Consults with Hibner and Dellon, left me with questions.
Next step: MRI in NYC or VT.
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

Well said, Susibee. ;) M
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

susibee wrote: So I want to take a moment to be grateful for the internet that connects us and grateful to those who set up this website for all of us to benefit. Literally, it may be that this website has saved people years of pain. Imagine that! And THANK YOU.
Amen!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”