help

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
jamiegross

help

Post by jamiegross »

I had botox done two weeks ago.. and i'm afraid that ive had some sort of negative reaction..

at first the pain started in my coccyx when i walked fast.. and now even if i walk a pretty normal pace it feels as though my entire pelvis is thumping each time my feet hit the ground.. i dont really know how else to describe it but its painful and so frusterating..

has anyone had this reaction or have the sensation? will it go away :(
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Currently taking lyrica & cymbalta, PT, acupuncture
ganglion impar block -triggered lower back and sacrum pain
botox injections- caused coccxydynia
Deviated my coccyx 6 months prior- had a horrible case of posion ivy right before symptoms began, connection?
nyt

Re: help

Post by nyt »

I wonder now that things have relaxed, maybe a little too much, that you have too much freedom in movement. Have you thought about seeking a PT to see if something has gone out of alignment now that the muscles are relaxed? Botox usually wears off in 2-3 months so hang in their.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

my heart is with you. I've had negative reactions to botox multiple times, but listen, it's temporary. Your body is going to be weird for as long as the botox stays in you 4-6 months, but then it will go back to how it was. That's the good news about it.

It was still worth it that you tried it.
Now you know that's not your answer.

For me, one time w/botox it made sex painful in a new area it had never been painful in before. Another time, it made it so I couldn't walk w/o painful spasms and grannies w/walkers were passing me...and gave me partial rectal incontinence (I couldn't hold in diarrhea and had to use gloved evacuation multiple times cause I couldn't push my stool out.) The first month was the worst... it gradually subsides. Now it's all gone.

Why does this happen, you might ask. Well, the other muscles are overcompensating to make up for the new relaxed muscles... so now new muscles have spasmed, thus creating your new, and very unpleasant symptoms.

Also, if you feel a falling out sensation at all, I recommend you stay laying as much as possible during these months... if your vaginal muscles are too lax from the botox causing falling out, you could have a prolapse which could remain permanantly after the botox wears off. I skimmed your post pretty quickly, so I don't know if the falling out feeling is happening to you or pressure.... but here's my advice.

Play it safe, lay much more than before, and wait patiently. It sucks, but it's temporary, as long as you baby yourself and don't overdo it.
It's temporary, thank GOD!
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
jamiegross

Post by jamiegross »

thanks for the responses!

nyt- i am going to see my pt tomorrow so hopefully she will notice if something is off..

pianogal- that is good news although that is such a long time but your right i needed to try it to know.. i cant believe al of your issues youve had from botox, its unfortunate that this information isnt out there.. i was told there werent really any major side effects from botox when i decided to do it..

it does feel like something is going to come out! i said that the other day, i just thought thumping sounded like a better description.. is prolapse likely? im in freaking australia studying abroad and going to thailand in a week for my semester break.. i dont really have the option to be laying down.. howw do you even know this much?!

thank you guys so much
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Deviated my coccyx 6 months prior- had a horrible case of posion ivy right before symptoms began, connection?
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Jamiegross,

Could you see a gynaecologist before you go away next week? You should really get the prolapse thing checked out or risk permanent harm.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
jamiegross

Post by jamiegross »

Lernica,

Do you think it may be prolapse too? the feeling of falling out is rectal, not vaginal.. everything ive found online talks about vaginal prolapse? im seeing my doc on tuesday!
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

I haven't had a prolapse, but I believe Calluna has. (See the "Where is your pain?" thread here: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =27&t=1220) I'm glad you'll be seeing your doctor before you leave. Make sure the doctor examines you while you're standing up and lying down (you'll understand why after reading the thread).

But as members have said there, it might just be the pudendal nerve playing tricks on you. I hope you can enjoy yourself next week. Your trip sounds awesome!

Take care.
Last edited by Lernica on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

jamiegross wrote: . . . now even if i walk a pretty normal pace it feels as though my entire pelvis is thumping each time my feet hit the ground.. i dont really know how else to describe it but its painful and so frustrating.
Have you tried wearing very cushiony footwear (e.g. running shoes) instead of flats? See the "Do you have trouble walking" thread here: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... ?f=2&t=827
NewMom

Post by NewMom »

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your negative reaction Jamie! I just posted about botox since I had my appt with Dr. Jordan today and he was recommending botoxing my mucles next week. Now I'm worried...

Do you know which muscles were botoxed? Hope your symptoms go away soon :(

Do a lot or people have bad reactions?
Newly diagnosed PN sufferer (March 2011) caused from a very difficult childbirth in Jan 2011 (1st baby). On Neurontin and Nucynta. Tried PT & accupuncture. Restarting PT with Julie Sarton. Appt with Dr. Castellanos in June. Sitting very painful and also unable to stand or walk without pain.
jamiegross

Post by jamiegross »

thanks lernica.. ill try wearing sneakers and see if that helps..

i was in the same center that my doctor works in for PT today and i popped in his office and he examined me right then and thhere (hes the best ).. he said the botox seems to be working perfectly my muscles are relaxing.. but he believes its coccydnia from the way that i was laying on the exam table because my coccyx is swollen.. there was no signs of prolapse thank goodness!

and perhaps maybe nyt was right and that my muscles have just relaxed a bit too much and im so use to them being tight..

hopefully it goes away soon! for now im on celebrex for ten days and am seeing him again tuesday!
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”