Pelvic Pain Support Group Perth.

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
catherine a

Pelvic Pain Support Group Perth.

Post by catherine a »

A support group for people suffering PN and other related pelvic pain conditions will begin on Sat. 9th April 2011 at GAIN office. (Gynaecological Awareness Information Network) Cnr. Bagot & Hensman Rd. Subiaco.
King Edward Memorial Hospital.

See attached links:
The not so secret womens business (4).pdf
(63.31 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Final Support Group Flyer.pdf
(269.36 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
Ezzl

Re: Pelvic Pain Support Group Perth.

Post by Ezzl »

I want to come too
Mod8

Post by Mod8 »

Sunil.

The support group will be for men too. The organisation who is supporting Catherine A & Ness in getting it up and running just happens to be in a Women's Hospital. The Art Exhibition/Cheese & Wine event is being hosted by the Gynaecological Awareness Information Network. GAIN INc. Future flyers for the pelvic pain support group will include men.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

I'd like to address Sunil's question about males being included in the Perth PN support group. Vanessa & I have decided that since the group is being supported and held at King Edward Memorial Womens hospital our group will be for women only. We have feedback from women who feel that they are uncomfortable talking in front of men so we have decided that in order for us to help males, we will support any man who wishes to hold a support group along with us where males can come together in support of one another. ie. they can hold a group meeting at the same time but be a distance apart from the females who are uncomfortable talking about this condition. So basically we are willing to support men but would like the mens group to be run by other males. I think this sounds fair. We have to respect peoples wishes and not everyone is willing to openly discuss this in front of the opposite sex. Some women have said that they feel more comfortable talking if it's just females and maybe some men would feel the same. As it's our first group meeting, we will see how it all goes.

Anyone interested in joining us on Sat. 9th April 1pm - 3pm. GAIN office. Cnr. Hensman & Bagot Rd. Subiaco P erth WA please feel free to drop in for afternoon tea. (Bring a plate)
That means bring something to eat/share and not bring an empty plate. We'll supply tea and coffee.

See you there.
Catherine
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

If only, I am so jealous of the support you guys have over there. But then again maybe there is no PN in New Zealand, no newbies have appeared for years but they must be out there somewhere ?
Would love to be nearer the Australian girls, sounds fantastic

J
PNE from cycling. Surgery with Prof Vancaillie, Sydney Australia 2008.
Very much improved
ness70

Post by ness70 »

I wish you could come too Jude.....
hope things are still going well for you!
x Vanessa
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

After a successful first support group meeting we have decided to hold it monthly instead of bi-monthly. The ladies who attended were so very grateful and don't want to wait two months for the next meeting. We are an all female group simply because it's a women's gynaecological organisation who are supporting us and allowing us to use their office at the hospital. However, we do encourage any male who is willing to start a mens group to follow in our footsteps.

Next meeting is Sat. 14th May 2011. GAIN office (Demountable building opposite KEMH childcare facility.) Cnr. Bagot and Hensman Rd. Subiaco. Perth WA.
We had some very positive feedback and welcome all with Hope and understanding. A very informal afternoon tea, a good chat and a few tears. At the end of the meeting the ladies left in a much better frame of mind knowing that they could share their anguish. We endeavour to offer continued support to those suffering.

Catherine
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

That is fantastic news!!! Truly wish I could find / start something like that here. You guys are an inspiration!!
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Next support group meeting will be held on Sat. 13th August 2011. 1-3pm.

King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women.
GAIN office
Cnr. Hensman & Bagot Rd.
Subiaco.
Perth Western Australia

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”