Vanessa Frank's book: Living With Pudendal Neuralgia

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Mulan

Vanessa Frank's book: Living With Pudendal Neuralgia

Post by Mulan »

The content of this post has been removed due to a breach of privacy that was just brought to the attention of the moderators.
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
Karyn

Re: Vanessa Frank's book: Living With Pudendal Neuralgia

Post by Karyn »

Hi Mulan!
This is FANTASTIC news!!! Thank you so much for sharing the info. Doreen was telling me about the book just this past week-end, and there's even a review written by her about the book!
I can't wait until it's available on line. Please update us, once she sends you the link!
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Bit of a hard sell though, dontcha think?
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
ezer

Post by ezer »

Is the author of that book the one that claimed that she has been cured from PN (E?) with aqua-therapy? Has anybody benefited from aqua-therapy?
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

Yah.
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

ezer wrote:Is the author of that book the one that claimed that she has been cured from PN (E?) with aqua-therapy? Has anybody benefited from aqua-therapy?
I haven't read her publication yet, but am looking forward to reading it. If she was "cured" by aqua-therapy, she must have had neuralgia and not entrapment. :?:
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
ezer

Post by ezer »

I just looked at the site and it makes me uncomfortable as it reminds me of late TV infomercials. Maybe the book is great and the experience genuine so I am not going to speculate. I am aware however of another person that self-published a book on pelvic pain (the book was mentioned on pudendal.info) but I know for a fact that the person was not cured at all despite what was claimed in the book.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Ezer the book mentioned here is the same author that was mentioned on PI previously. I have reviewed the text and its not entirely up to scratch that this person had PNE but moreso an inflammation of the PN at the time. It seems to me to be too good to be true that Aqua therapy helped cure the situation. Maybe im skeptical but after nearly 8 years i have tried many options available without finding a cure.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Amanda,
I am with you. I am also quite skeptical by now and I have seen too many "entrepreneurs" sell things like dietary supplements or treatments. The other book I was referring to was "the pelvic pain solution" and I know for a fact that the author was not cured.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Not exactly sure what aqua-therapy is but I remember before surgery getting in a pool used to increase my pain/symptoms.

What I would be interested to know, from anyone who has read the book, is there much new information in it that you can't get for free from the pudendalhope.org website?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”