snowboarding

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
jamiegross

snowboarding

Post by jamiegross »

I know it sounds like a dumb idea, but snowboarding is one of my favorite hobbies and i truly miss it.. my friends are going to NZ next month and im debating on if i should go because they will be snowboarding for part of the trip.. I know its risky but there are "but" pads that i can buy that will decrease the impact if if fall.. has anyone continued snowboarding or skiing since PN?
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Currently taking lyrica & cymbalta, PT, acupuncture
ganglion impar block -triggered lower back and sacrum pain
botox injections- caused coccxydynia
Deviated my coccyx 6 months prior- had a horrible case of posion ivy right before symptoms began, connection?
Lernica

Re: snowboarding

Post by Lernica »

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Worst idea EVER! It's much too risky, my dear. Your nerve is already compromised and it would not take much of a fall for it to go into full "pudendal shutdown" (as one member has put it). Be grateful for what you can do now: travel, go to school, socialize, walk, go shopping, go to the mall. Many of us cannot do these simple things because of our condition. Play it safe, Jamie!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

AGAIN NO!!!

sorry but your life is worth more than ONE day on the mountains. you can't go backwards easily with PN pain. Once you hit a pain level, you're there and it's nearly impossible to get back down.

DO NOT EVER do anything to make you worse, because the nerve, running through a tunnel in your body, doesn't know what to do with all that inflammation or how to get it out of the tunnel, and the inflammation just builds.

Do not do not do not do not do not do this... Sorry to burst your bubble, but DO NOT do this!!

no trip.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Stephanie P

Post by Stephanie P »

Frankly, you'd be mad to risk a heavy fall on a compromised nerve. I speak from experience. I had PN symptoms for many years on and off, sometimes severe, and a fall finally pushed the nerve over the top. I was symptom free at the time I fell and eight years later am still in pain. Think this through carefully!
Pudendal neuralgia, diagosed as ischial bursitis, from 1985. Worsened by fall in 2003. Bilateral TG surgery in Nantes 2004. Nerve flattened both sides. No improvement, still cannot sit.
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

It's very easy to convince ourselves that we just want to live a regular life...even just for a day. However Please, Please, Please think through it very carefully. A fall could send you into a flare that could last a really long time. We all over do it when we are feeling good and pay for it later. It really is NOT worth the chance.
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

Hi Stephanie,
Sorry to learn that your TG surgery didn't help. Would it be possible for you to have a 3T MRI with Dr. Potter in NYC? It seems to be very helpful.
Best regards, M
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
jamiegross

Post by jamiegross »

thankss for being honest, it hurts to hear but sometimes you have to hear it from someone to make me realize bodys so fragile and its just not worth it..
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Currently taking lyrica & cymbalta, PT, acupuncture
ganglion impar block -triggered lower back and sacrum pain
botox injections- caused coccxydynia
Deviated my coccyx 6 months prior- had a horrible case of posion ivy right before symptoms began, connection?
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

A collective "you're welcome" from all your "mothers" out here in cyberspace! By all means go on the trip to NZ for the beautiful sightseeing but just don't hit the slopes!

Love from Mother Lernica
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
pomegranate

Post by pomegranate »

I'm sorry, Jamie. If you ever want to chat about lost experiences/youth, I'm here. I never thought that I'd be writing off so many experiences at the ripe old age of 24 (I'm 25 now). It's definitely an adjustment, and don't feel guilty about grieving losses.

But there is still so much I can do, and I'm soooo grateful. Emotionally, I'm a million times better than I was a year ago. Hang in there!!

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
Stephanie P

Post by Stephanie P »

Hi Mulan,
Many thanks for your concern. Yes, a visit to Hollis Potter would be a great idea. The only thing is, I live in New Zealand and am not up to a long flight right now: I went into a state of extreme fatigue after an injection of botox in Sydney in 2007 (a rare event), and although my energy has improved some (I was housebound for 2+ years), I'm still far from my former travelling self!
Pudendal neuralgia, diagosed as ischial bursitis, from 1985. Worsened by fall in 2003. Bilateral TG surgery in Nantes 2004. Nerve flattened both sides. No improvement, still cannot sit.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”