MRN

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
jen9952

MRN

Post by jen9952 »

Hi
I am considering going to see Dr. Potter in NYC for a MRI , I was surfing the web and I came upon the site http://www.bostonneurography.com/ . they offer MRN of the Pudendal nerve .
So I guess what I am asking which is my best route to go ?, seeing how Boston is a lot closer for me to travel.

Thanks
Karyn

Re: MRN

Post by Karyn »

Hi Jen,
I'm only 35 minutes from Boston, so I looked into this last year before scheduling with Dr. Potter. It's one of Dr. Fillers branch locations. I know the site says they accept insurance, but when I called, I was informed it was "out of network" insurance. Maybe they've changed since then? Couldn't hurt to give them a call ... My MRI in NY was covered 100%.
Please let us know how you make out!
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
jen9952

Post by jen9952 »

Hi Karyn,
I am on disability for another health issue and I live in Maine so they do not have your basic Medicaid they have something called Mainecare and to get anything done out of state is like pulling teeth. so I would probably be paying cash for either the MRI or the MRN ...I just wanted to know if the MRN would be as detailed? or which one I would get more bang for my buck? and it would be a lot easier to go to Boston...very confusion !!

thanks for the info

have a great day

Jen
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Jen,
I recommend checking out everything on this site related to the MRN and Dr. Filler. That may help you make your decision. If it were me, I'd go the extra distance for Dr. Potter.
I'm hoping folks who have had the MRN will chime in for their opinions to give a little more insight.
I wish you the very best! :)
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

It only seems to be Dr Filler who recommends the MRN to diagnose PNE. It is disregarded by other Doctors. Dr Filler is a major shareholder and CEO of NeuroGrafix the company that holds the patent for the MRN and runs the scanning centers.
Last edited by Charlie on Sun May 08, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
jen9952

Post by jen9952 »

Hi,
I decided I am going to call Monday and make an appointment with Dr Potter, Karyn how long was the wait for an appointment ? I have my appointment with Dr Conway on the 6th on June, so I am hoping that I could see her before that.

Thanks again
Jen
wendy7

Post by wendy7 »

Hi Jen,

Wow, I didn't know they were doing MRN's up in Boston. That is awesome. It looks like they have some experience with the pudendal nerve. I wonder if they are affiliated with any of the docs, like Dr. Conway, etc. I also hope that you find some financial assistance in getting the MRN done. I am not to sure what Medicaid will pay for, but if you have a PN diagnosis, it is definitely worth speaking with Medicaid about having this MRN done.

Take care,
Wendy
Unlilateral Surgery 9/27/07 - Dr. Conway
Redo Unlilateral Surgery 10/15/10 - With Dr. Hibner AND Dr. Conway
Results - Fantastic!
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Charlie wrote:It only seems to be Dr Filler who recommends the MRN to diagnose PNE. It is disregarded by other Doctors. Dr Filler is a major shareholder and CEO of NeuroGrafix the company that holds the patent for the MRN and runs the scanning centers
Thanks for the backup, Charlie! :D
jen9952 wrote:Karyn how long was the wait for an appointment ?
I went to HSS last September. I think I called on a Monday and they wanted to know if I could come in that Thursday :o ! I could be wrong, but I don't think the wait time is more than a couple of weeks. I'm very excited for you about your potential appointment! Please let us know how it goes!
Warm regards,
Karyn
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

Dr. Filler is opening these MRN centers all over. I know of two in my geographic area, Springfield OH and Merrillville, IN. Neither is a thriving town but each is close to a larger metro area. I think they're essentially feeder centers to encourage traffic to Dr. Filler.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

We have seen enough of Dr. Filler's MRN as well as his success rates.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011

Return to “MRI/MRN”