Nerve Support Formula

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Amanda

Re: Nerve Support Formula

Post by Amanda »

I regularly take Mag B and Zinc supplements which do help me a lot....they also contain vitamin C and E and when I dont take them for a while I notice huge differences in my skin condition and also in pain levels. The Magnesium certainly helps with easier bowel movements. i eat well with plenty of fresh veg and fruit daily....however I do need the extra supplements.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
gentle_artist

Post by gentle_artist »

Thanks JeanieC,
You are right about the St John's Wort. I've stopped taking it now-and it didn't make any difference anyway.
I will try taking a magnesium supplement.
ezer

Post by ezer »

I agree Amanda, magnesium is useful. Regarding alpha lipoic acid (ALA), a few well made studies in Germany demonstrated that it was useful for diabetic neuropathy. That didn't prevent the supplements vendors from immediately claiming benefits for all neuropathies which was just not true.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
TinyDancer

Post by TinyDancer »

I have been getting B12 shots now for 4 or 5 years because I can't assimulate B12 from food or supplements. But I will be even more diligent about getting it at the doctors. It's horribly expensive that way, though.

Kate
Surgery with Dr. Micheal Hibner March 14, 2011
Am 85% better in only 5 months and so grateful to Dr. Hibner
THIS FORUM ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS!!!
My thanks to all of you.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”