Place to rent in Phoenix, AZ

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
nyt

Place to rent in Phoenix, AZ

Post by nyt »

Not sure I posted this under the best heading so Mods feel free to move.

I wanted to share information with this group about a place to stay that is only 0.5 miles from the hospital that is not a hotel. I obtained permission to post the owenrs email and address on this forum.The owner lives in the main house and he rents a one bedroom guest house that is behind the main house. Below is a picture of the courtyard with the entrance to the guest house. I found this place on HomeAway.com as the husband and I wanted to find a place to stay besides a hotel that had a kitchen and was quiet. The owner, Gary Landi, is a wonderful host and the guest house is lovely. The price varies by time of year but right now he only charged us $60.00/night. This is one bedroom with a queen bed and kitchen/dining/livingroom combined. All the basics for cooking, linens are included, washer and drier are available but you have to go through the closet in the bedroom through a smallish door that takes you into the garage where the washer and drier are located, small flat screen tv with basic cable, one recliner chair, one love seat, small kitchen table that can seat 4,and outside courtyard with separate patio and grill. There was a nice book with local restaurants, most less than 2 miles, which the owner kindly went through and told us best places to eat. Also, many travel books about Arizona. The only disadvantage is the bathroom is not handicap. Otherwise it was a very pleasant place to stay. Gary is very approachable and makes sure your stay is as pleasant as possible.

Gary Landi
521 W. Encanto Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

landoaz@cox.net
Attachments
El Canto Guest House
El Canto Guest House
P1000192.jpg (230.71 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Emily B

Re: Place to rent in Phoenix, AZ

Post by Emily B »

Thanks for sharing this info. Is the guest house heated and air conditioned?

Emily B.
bishop

Post by bishop »

Thank you so much! I too would like to know if it's air-conditioned...will be there in August.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Yes, it has air conditioning and heating.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
sakay

Post by sakay »

Thanks to sharing this help full stuff here and i am sure its seems usefull for those who visit to phoenix.I think that this place is not only for patients if some one else visit to Phonix then stay here.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Nyt,
Thanks for the info. I am planning an extended stay in Phoenix following my surgery and this place looks like a real find.
Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”