different entrapments

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
paulette

Re: different entrapments

Post by paulette »

Kathyd,
I seen to have the same sitting symptoms as you do. I sent my 3T MRI to Dr. Martin, and he believes I have an entrapment at the sacrotuberous ligament and the obturator internus. Dr. Hanson at the Centeno-Schultz clinic injected those areas, along with a pudendal nerve neurolysis, and I had a great deal of pain relief. Has Dr. Dellon mentioned the OI as a possible source of the pain? I am just like you with jumping up whenever I sit, and I cannot drive for more than five minutes. I am also numb at the rt. saddle area. Do you have any numbness?
carla10

Post by carla10 »

Hi Kathyd,
I take tramadol in addition to gabapentin, and it does help, when I need to sit for a longer period of time I would take extra tablet and it does help. I know its an opiod based drug and can be addicitive but I do not really care as long it can take the pain away so I can get some life
All the best
frickla

Post by frickla »

What does the imaging say? Do you have MRI images that show inflammation? Just because a doctor mentions a certain nerve that corresponds with the area of one's pain, does not validate that is the area of entrapment. Many of these nerves can multiple areas of pain. Also some of the nerves mentioned are for the skin, rather than deeper nerves.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Thx Ladies for ur thoughts.. Just found ur msgs.
I haven't tried Tramodol since my sit pain began, (used it with very limited relief for Ic a few yrs ago...but will put it on my list.

Frickla,
Yes I see what you mean about the nerve Dr Dellon mentioned....Cutaneous (skin) etc..I will email him about this concern before surgery. My hubby seems pretty sure I got my point across during our consult that I have throbbing pain (not burning,which would be more skin related). However the consult went by so quickly with him asking the questions and me answering, etc, that I am not sure.

Also the main thing is the block worked (it masked the pain, so I could sit for 3 hrs.) tho I could telll it was buried and would return soon....Who knowss...so many doubts...!! I am going to run this by another patient who has this type of surgery.
Thx!
Kathy

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”