sitting down is so uncomfortable

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
christi

Re: sitting down is so uncomfortable

Post by christi »

Hi SusiQ

Sorry you have so much discomfort. I can't tell from your description whether or not your problem is pudendal. Generally, with PN, people are not awakened by pain at night, and often wake pain free in the morning. The pain progresses through the day, particularly if one sits or bends or even carries something heavy.

I've spent the last 12 months not sitting...and yes, it impairs my social life. No movies, no restaurants. But I lie down on the sofa at friends' houses; people are pretty accomodating!

--Christi
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Susyq,

You must get yourself a donut cushion which relieves pressure from your bottom when you sit. Have a look at the forum section called "Seating and Physical Lifestyle Accommodations" which will give you an idea of the kind of cushions which are useful for relieving sitting-down pain.

Good luck.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain and that you had to go through having breast cancer. Did you have chemotherapy? Sometimes the chemo can cause neuropathy in nerves of the body that are no where near the cancer site. I had a friend that had nerve pain in her feet after going through chemo for breast cancer.

Emily B.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Suzy,

You said you were having some discomfort even before your surgery for breast cancer. Was there anything else you can remember that might have started this -- like exercising or an accident/fall?

None of my gyns were able to diagnose me -- it was a pelvic floor physical therapist who knew about pudendal neuropathy who figured out the diagnosis so you may want to seek out one of the PT's on our list for an evaluation.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

so sorry you are in our boat.
the cushions from ic-network.com work very nicely... especially 3 inch firm.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”