Psychological factors - endometriosis

Published Reports and Medical Information
Useful links to PN related articles.
helenlegs 11

Re: Psychological factors - endometriosis

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Lernica wrote:
helenlegs 11 wrote: Also, endometriotic lesions can develop their own nerve supply, thereby creating a direct and two-way interaction between lesions and the central nervous system, potentially producing a variety of individual differences in pain that can, in some women, become independent of the disease itself.[3]
Wow! I didn't know that, Helen! Is there a published paper to this effect?
Not sure,I just saw it on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis so there must be some studies for it to exist on there ? ? had a look and found this http://www.endo-resolved.com/nerve_pain.html but the experiments have been on rats so far. I am not a sufferer so haven't researched it at all to be honest.
Cheers,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
peaches

Post by peaches »

Hi Helen

Hope your going to practise saying 'penis' out loud - that would be the one that I think would get me!

Hope you're doing OK.

Cheers
Peaches
PN diagnosed in 2009 by Dr Greenslade, Bristol
Symptoms for many years and numerous diagnostic tests
Currently controlled by meds - Venlafaxine and Lyrica
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Will HAVE to :) People will think I have tourette's.
At last things are happenning for me. It's taken 3 and 1/4 years and I now have an appointment to see a proposed surgeon and this tribunal to see if I can get any disability (Money, WOW!) in the space of 5 days !!
I may only get the industrial injuries benifit (but it should be back dated) but I am going for them all. The 'rules' are so ridiculous tho'. I have had to join another forum to help me make my way around our English benifit system, which is a shambles.
Just as well I can't work :) too much time spent battling the powers that be.
Hope you are well (and your Mum)
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “LIBRARY - PUBLICATIONS & MEDICAL JOURNALS”