Spouses/partners living with PN'rs

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
A's Mommy

Re: Spouses/partners living with PN'rs

Post by A's Mommy »

Emily B wrote:

I do think it would be nice if loved ones of PN sufferers could have a forum on our list. It could be public, like ours. That way, those spouses/partners/family who need support can read the posts in that forum, just like the other forums.

What's nice is that spouse/partner/family members can always send private messages. If members have a topic that they is too private, or individual support is needed, they can always send private messages to each other. Also, there's no need to use real names, so they can keep their anonymity and still get support.

I think a support forum for loved ones of PN sufferers is a great idea. They can see that they're not alone.

Emily B.
I think this is a great idea, Emily. I only wish my husband would start posting there!!! Since the majority of PN sufferers are women, a lot of times (and no offense to you guys out there.... this is just my personal experience) our husbands/spouses/partners don't really feel like reaching out. A lot of times they feel as if they can't "fix" the problem (our pain) then they are not doing their job. It's just been in my experience that men want to fix things, and when they can't, they retreat into their shell and are unemotional and sometimes harsh. The partners who are living with those of us with chronic pain NEED help themselves. I only wish they would reach out for it. :roll:

A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
kathyd

Re: Spouses/partners living with PN'rs

Post by kathyd »

hi all,
well said Emily and A's Mommy, regarding a group where men/spouses could post
I can tell my husbands is so tired of dealing with my pain issues, the seach for answers, my state of mind ( fearful and unpredictable) not to mention not to mention handling all the mommy duties, chaufferuing and household duties until I get better..
He has retreated and can be harsh and impatient with me. I then feel even worse, like so lonely and lost.
I know he loves me and is really hanging in there till we beat this pain issue, but he is so tired! I can tell by look on his face when he sees me.
Sometime spouses are our only sounding boards (as the friends from our regular lives) usuallyjust don't get it.
I wish he had a web gp to talk to, and that he would seek it out if one exists.
He is not the kind of guy who is into talking about it. He gets comfort from reading and relaxing by himself.

A spouse gp would be a great idea,
Kathy

t

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”