Need to lose 30lb

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
helenlegs 11

Re: Need to lose 30lb

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I am being exceptional, I didn't know I could do it . I think because you guys are ethereal I feel as if you are watching me :) when I get to the fridge. I haven't been weighed again, saving that till Saturday. I have even cooked chips (fries) twice for my husband and bought him a massive Toblerone and had NON! Not just eating lettuce tho', couldn't go that far.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

That is great Helen! I am resisting some of my favorite junk foods. We can do it!!
calluna

Post by calluna »

Gosh, you are all being so good! And Helen there are indeed lots of us all thinking about not going to the fridge.....!

Right now am still on track, breakfast was apple slices and a bit of brie, plus my usual black coffee. I am actually quite looking forward to Saturday and weighing myself because I am sure I must have lost a little bit at least.
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

I have gained 70 lbs. I want to join in with all of you, but I know I can't do it right now. My husband just had surgery and I'm so exhausted and overwhelmed trying to take care of him. But it's nice to know you're all here when I feel like I can join in.

Emily B.
calluna

Post by calluna »

I think we are going to be doing this for quite a while, Emily. When you are ready, we will still be here.

I do hope that your husband makes a good recovery, and that things improve for you soon.
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

Currently focusing on portion control. Today we had a bbq at work. Took one bite of the beans and decided they weren't worth the calories. ;) That's a big step for me; normally I don't want to hurt someone's feelings so would've eaten it anyway. Baby steps everyone.

Tracy
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

I am so upset today. My daughter brought scale back and when I got on it I weighted way more than I thought so I have no idea if I lost any lbs. So I have to wait until next Friday to weight in again. Keep up the work good everyone! :)
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Just remember as you weigh yourselves tomorrow that losing weight slowly is much better than losing it quickly! One is much more inclined to keep it off that way. I think that a reasonable goal is no more than 2 lbs a week. I recently lost five lbs by cutting down on my food intake, at the very slow rate of one half to one pound every week or two. As with every endeavour, patience is key to long-term success!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
calluna

Post by calluna »

Well this is somewhat annoying, I did lose a pound but I have gained it back again.

I know why it is, I am very short of sleep and have been drinking a lot of coffee, skipping meals and eating things at all hours of the night, trying to stay awake. Dealing with mental illness crisis with a family member, so all very necessary. None of that is going to help with weight loss, when I get very tired I tend to get water retention as well. Hopefully I will be able to actually lose some weight and keep it off once things settle down again.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

You will probably make up for it next week, if this are calmer then. Because you have had the recent weight loss it will be that bit harder too, you are maintaining the weight loss and under difficult circunstances Calluna so well done.
Think my success was mainly because I have put at least that much on fairly recently it's going to get tougher but I'm SO up for it!
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”