Recipe sharing

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
Amanda

Recipe sharing

Post by Amanda »

As a dedicated foodie, I thought we should share some recipes of our fave foods here.
I love to cook all types of food, traditional, and particularly chinese and asian stirfrys etc.
Why dont we share our tried out recipes here?

Here is what i made tonight:http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/5594/chi ... -wine.aspx

I did add in plenty of mushrooms and some extra herbs...it was yummy! We had it with mashed potatoes and green beans.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
pomegranate

Re: Recipe sharing

Post by pomegranate »

I will most definitely reply to this message, but will have to take the time to hunt down links to our favorite recipes. Will respond soon!
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

I love the idea of sharing recipes. Alas, I'm one of those quick and easy cooks. Like instead of making a pan of enchiladas I'll make a pot of chicken enchilada casserole. Instead of rolling the enchilada's just cut the corn tortillas into strips and throw everything together into one pot until cooked through and serve over shredded lettuce. :P
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Tracy

Thank you for sharing your ideas with enchilladas....I never thought of combining it all together...!
Tonight I had a beef chilli stir fry....lots of fresh veg no fat and some soft noodles thrown in....it was very tasty and not too filling.
Ive been trying to lose weight and have managed this past week to lose 5 lbs.....a little way to losing a lot of weight!
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

That sounds really yummy!!! Have you ever used Brocolli slaw? It comes in a bag and looks similar to coleslaw dry. I cook this with a peanut thai sauce and put over brown rice. You can add chicken or pork if you like. I've also been known to use it as a filling to egg rolls. My teenager will even eat it and he's not a fan of anything with veggies.
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Tracy

Im a big fan of brocolli but dont have it in a bag....I will try out your recipe as a true veggie....I remember trying to get my kids to eat lots of veggies I used to make soup with all kinds and blended it so that they never saw what it contained.......they liked it with crusty bread...!
Im happy to know and see the veg I use in recipes.....a whole lot!! I visit my veg shop so often they have asked me for recipes....!!!
Its amazing one minute the fridge is totally full...and once I make some soup its empty!!!!
I am a big fibre gal...it really does help the pn....and according to the media a lot of fibre is also good for the whole well being.
I was a bit naughty tonight and had a lovely beef steak cooked on the bbq with some wild mushrooms in a creamy sauce with asparagus and mashed potatoes..
We have to live after all.....!!!! In case you didnt guess I love my food!!!
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

Now that sounds like a yummy dinner!! I'm visiting our local Trader Joe's tomorrow to stock up on veggies again. Now I just need the energy when I get home to cook each evening. My 16 yo will make dinner when I'm tired and really hurting after work but that usually turns out to be frozen pizza and a salad, but I'm not complaining, just thankful he'll do it without a fight. ;)
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Onto foodie stuff again, in the past few months I have been experimenting with curry recipes and found many from Rick Stein India which are not too hot but are tasty.....very aromatic for sure!
alangcreech

Post by alangcreech »

Thank you for sharing recipe.
Simon94

Post by Simon94 »

Thanks for sharing these mouth watering recipes. I will try this at home. :) :)

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”