Marijuana!!

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
ataraschimmel

Marijuana!!

Post by ataraschimmel »

Marijuana works!
This week I smoked for the first time since this pne took over my life. I want everyone to know that you don't have to wait till it is legal. For god's sake, marijuana is a good pain-killer. It helped me get of bad pain and back into more meaningful things. I recommend it. It really helped me. It will be another soldier in the fight against pain and for life.
Smoke pot!
It helps with pne pain, i vouch for it. At least give it a try.
Last edited by ataraschimmel on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
please become a follower of my blog
feel free to comment and to share your thoughts with me
http://pudendalneuralgia-atara.blogspot.com/.

almost 37 years in this world, the last few years have been my merciless introduction to hell,
i take 100mg lyrica x 3, 120mg cymbalta, nerve blocks with dr.volovska
will self-medicate with marijuana when i can get my hands on some
am always in pain
if anyone has discovered the why? behind all this suffering please fill me in
thank you all for this forum
calluna

Re: Marijuana!!

Post by calluna »

Last edited by calluna on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

ataraschimmel wrote:For god's sake, marijuana is a good pain-killer.
I strongly agree! :D
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
merrie

Post by merrie »

Is marijuana safe if you are using lyrica and other narcotic/opiate meds?

Merrie
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
calluna

Post by calluna »

It should be entirely safe with Lyrica. I don't think that Lyrica has any identified interactions at all. This is from RxList, the entry for Lyrica -

Since LYRICA (pregabalin) is predominantly excreted unchanged in the urine, undergoes negligible metabolism in humans ( < 2% of a dose recovered in urine as metabolites), and does not bind to plasma proteins, its pharmacokinetics are unlikely to be affected by other agents through metabolic interactions or protein binding displacement. In vitro and in vivo studies showed that LYRICA (pregabalin) is unlikely to be involved in significant pharmacokinetic drug interactions.

Narcotics with marijuana, bad idea. Narcotics are CNS depressants. Have a look at the RxList entry for marijuana, here. You don't want to try this combination.
donstore

Post by donstore »

In my experience, marijuana and opiates might indeed make you sleepier but the worst thing that can happen is you might go to sleep. Marijuana would not impair respiration whereas alcohol and opiates would. Also, if marijuana is sufficiently potent, it is not necessary to smoke much of it to feel the effects, thus minimizing any impairment of lung function. People who I have known who have used it medicinally much prefer smoking it to pill form (marinol) as they find it easier to control the dosage since they feel the effects right away.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
merrie

Post by merrie »

Thanks Don. I live in California and actually have seen a local marijuana dr at the recommendation of one of my pain drs - but I have been too afraid to try with all the other meds I take. Maybe I will muster the courage at some point.

Merrie
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
ataraschimmel

Post by ataraschimmel »

does anyone know about cymbalta and marijuana?? are they safe together?

almost 37 years in this world, the last few years have been my merciless introduction to hell,
am always in pain
calluna

Post by calluna »

They are safe together, but they do work kind of in opposition. Cymbalta is an anti-depressant, increases energy level and motivation, helps with memory and cognition. Marijuana can cause depression in some people, and it has a big effect on short term memory. So they are working against each other really.
ataraschimmel

Post by ataraschimmel »

against eachother? but together when it comes to the pain signals. the three times that i smoked this week i actually became more active and creative. i think that the pain relief itself was an upper for me. it is possible that marijuana works differently for people who suffer from pain. i mean, the relief makes us feel happier and wanting to engage with life as opposed to despondent and crushed due to pain. i just wonder about the chemicals of all the different drugs having unwanted interactions.
it is really sad that a plant that helps nerve-pain is illegal.

am always in pain

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”