Pudendal neuralgia/chronic pelvic pain syndrome

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
ChrisUK

Pudendal neuralgia/chronic pelvic pain syndrome

Post by ChrisUK »

Hi, still suffering chronic anal pain. Seen many consultants, latest view is that I don't have pn but have chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Am on 10mg amitrytyline. Can anyone tell me what is the difference? I read on a website that pn and cpps is always linked. Am due to have botox to pelvic floor next week. Many thanks, chris
nyt

Re: Pudendal neuralgia/chronic pelvic pain syndrome

Post by nyt »

CPPS is a general term that describes any pelvic pain, no matter the source whether is is endometriosis, inguinal hernia, etc, that lasts longer than 6 months. PN is a subclass of CPPS because PN pain is due to the the pudendal nerve. Because PN pain usually lasts longer than 6 months that is why it is in the category of CPPS. Many dr.'s would write something like CPPS secondary to PN.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
pianogal

Re: Pudendal neuralgia/chronic pelvic pain syndrome

Post by pianogal »

when I had anal pain, which was rare, I found that abdominal massage of the psoas would provide relief of the anal pain. Deep pressure hard on the psoas for 90 seconds or more... with a stick or with someone else helping you. Also, hot baths help... diarrhea makes it worse from muscles straining. Everyone is different but it's worth a try.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”