Pain with laying down ??

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
mom

Re: Pain with laying down ??

Post by mom »

Violet,
Thanks for the response. I have HerMajesty's recomendations, I even bought the capsazin cream, just haven't mixed it yet.

Ezer, thanks for the info.

Wendy, thanks so much for your encouragment. It is a long road, but we are on the journey.

MOM
jamiegross

Post by jamiegross »

Missingmylife42- i also have pain in my sacrum/buttucks/lower back when laying down.. although it is worse when sitting and pretty much goes away when i stand.. this pain only started about two weeks ago.. my main complaint was vulvar (mostly in the clitoral area) burning and occasionally pelvic pain but now this too, i hope its just a phase.. still not positive if I have PN though..
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Currently taking lyrica & cymbalta, PT, acupuncture
ganglion impar block -triggered lower back and sacrum pain
botox injections- caused coccxydynia
Deviated my coccyx 6 months prior- had a horrible case of posion ivy right before symptoms began, connection?
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

I've been wondering if this additional pain is from the akward positions we find ourselves in while trying to find some way, any way, to get even just little bit of relief. I'm pretty sure that's part of the reason for the newer pains and numbness I've been having.
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
jamiegross

Post by jamiegross »

Tracy, I definitely think that plays a role.. I'm lucky because I am very small, so I can sit in the strangest ways to try to keep the pressure off the vulva.. now with this back/sacrum pain, i find myself squirming even more into weird positions which is probably making it worse
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Currently taking lyrica & cymbalta, PT, acupuncture
ganglion impar block -triggered lower back and sacrum pain
botox injections- caused coccxydynia
Deviated my coccyx 6 months prior- had a horrible case of posion ivy right before symptoms began, connection?
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I have used some antihistamines/allergy meds (such as Allegra) with some success for itching, maybe that is worth a try? Maybe even lidocaine gel to numb the area?
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
desperatehousewife

Post by desperatehousewife »

Hi there, I realize this is an older post but hopefully you still check this site if your poor daughter still has not had relief from the itching. Several years ago, I myself suffered from what I thought was a severe yeast infection for months and months. Turns out it was dermatitis probably brought on by a black mold allergy (when I moved out of my apartment there was black mold behind my bed, dresser, couch etc. After numerous doctors visits and also being called "crazy" even though my vagina was red as hell and oozing ( I don't know how someone can think themselves into such a condition....LOL) I finally saw a dermatologist who prescribed Hydrocortozone OINTMENT 1%. I was cured in three days after months and months of suffering. I had been on the cream before which did not help and the dermatologist told me that the cream is too readily absorbed/wiped off by underwear and that the ointment sticks much better and that sadly gynocologists for some reason do not know this, which was exactly my case. I later referred this info to my gyno and she rolled her eyes. Nice.
Helpme

Post by Helpme »

This sounds all too familiar to me. Right now I am lying down on my stomach with my left leg bent at the knee with some pillows propping it up, completely uncomfortable position and my right leg hangs off the side of the bed which I'm trying to sleep on horizontally rather than vertically. It is miserable basically. I get burning pain and vibration through my vagina when I'm lying down certain ways, so I have to figure out ways to contort my body in order not to feel all of it. I am going nuts and people don't understand the extremity of this pain at all. I am a young woman and all I want is for my soul to fly free. I used to have a life. I used to have friends that seem to not understand what I'm going through anymore because this whole thing has been a nightmare and now most people don't want to talk to me. I don't get anything anymore. I just want peace. What was said about the mold and red vagina also hit home too. Because I am so red down there and I get this gunk coming out too and I'm told it's nothing. It's nothing?! Or maybe it's irritated nerves. But I don't know. I feel as if I have some imbedded disease in there along with nerve pain because I burn and vibrate inside my body and it's insane. It makes me feel like the devil is in me. What happened to me?

Oh and I also have my shoes on so as I don't feel the vibration as much in my feet also. I don't understand my life anymore, at the beginning of the year I was running around, a normal person not in terrible pain (although I had my share of pain that was bad but I could deal with) and having a good time. I thought I had problems then. There were no problems I know now then, because this pain is the only thing I think is a real problem now. Nothing else matters but getting out of this pain and misery. All the other things didn't mean anything at all.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”