Update after visiting Dr de Bisschop

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
helenlegs 11

Re: Update after visiting Dr de Bisschop

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I do get groin pain but only when I have done a lot, and it doesn't seem like a proper nerve pain when it happens, more a dragging dense ache that follows along the line where my legs meet the pelvis.
I have no clue what symptoms the gluteal entrapment are (or even if I have it) it's the sciatic and pudendal ones that I would like sorted. Have you read Paul's last post about Dr Beco http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 1&start=10
I have just listened to blogtalk radio featuring an interview with Dr Hibner. He was saying that burning feet is very,very common with PN because the pudendal and sciatic nerve originate in a similar area. It was worth listening to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/show3.aspx ... -hibner-md (is an hour long tho')
I'm not sure that I'm that bothered about how minimally invaise the surgery may be tbh although the smaller the cut the better, but then it depends on who you are going to show your bottom to :)

Good luck with your decision
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Hi Zacho, I am also going to have PNE surgery within 1 year . I have had it for 1 1/2 years. I have also really looked into surgery with Dr. Bisschop and I have emailed him. He also told me about his 80% success rate. I do not know what his definition of success was as far as improvement or cure and what that number was based on. It almost seems to good to be true as far as seeming so non invasive but yet having such a high percent of success. I still do not understand how his balloon can actually decompress the pudendal nerve? From what I understand it is not just his inflatable balloon which decompresses the nerve but also I think he injects some sort of liquid into the area of scar tissue or entrapment to free the nerve? Is that we had told you? I'm still not sure exactly how the balloon decompresses the nerve if that is the only thing done to decompress it because you would think after the balloon deflates that the compression would still be there, unless he injects some kind of magic liquid into the scar tissue area to remove the scar tissue? As far as all my research goes, so far in my opinion the three best options are Dr. Hibner, Dr. Bautrant, or possibly Dr. Bisshop(but I need more information and testimonies from actual patients to really heavily consider him). Dr. Hibner does the modified Transgluteal now where he sutures back together the ss and sacrotuberous ligaments after cutting them instead of leaving them cut. This helps reduce the chance of pelvic floor dysfunction and instability or other problems after surger, Dr Bautrant uses the TIR approach which does not cut the Sacrotuberous ligament but cuts 1/3 of the ss ligament, so it is less invasive than Dr. Roberts or Dr. Ansells normal transgluteal approach. Feel free to email me at shawnmellis@gmail.com Let me know who you decide to go with and your outcome and any other helpful info you come accross. Take care and 'Theres Always Hope'
Shawn
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
Zachco

Post by Zachco »

Hello Shawn. I understand your concerns about making the right choices . When I try to take my decision I find it a very hard one, but I try to separate between to different issues (a completely free nerve and the ligaments issue). My goal of course is to be symptoms free , so first I must be sure all my symptoms are related to the PN , What makes it more difficult, because some of my pain might be related to the infra cluneal/ posterior femoral cutaneus nerve, and if so a bigger and more vast surgery is needed. for now I find Professor Robert to be most experienced with this particular situation . He is the only surgeon I have found, to dedicate a whole research for the particular population, suffers from this conflict. In this TG surgery both nerves are approached in two different levels. I Haven't heard of other technic to Annabel it. I have contacted Dr de Bisschop because he said he can decompress those additional nerves with his method. he claims to decompress the whole Infra piriformis area by inserting his balloon there and opening a large space behind and above the icheal spine . In this spot 3 Nerves are passing (pudendal,posterior femoral and icheal ). for the removing of scare tissue he told me he uses his finger and I'm not sure about the magic liquid, but I think I googled it and it was something casual. Last time I have looked in the French forum, one month ago I saw 6 unsatisfied testimonies of patients who where in this forum before and also months after this surgery . 2 testimonies of satisfied patient who had left only one message, and one patient who's regularly on the forum who had a good improvement after it. Non of them is cured (symptom free ). One is worst. This is very different from what I wished to find there after he personally told me he had more than 250 operations with 90% success.
I Understand you concern a lot about the ligament issue and it's longer terms effect. Try to take a look at Dr Beco's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXrRFo7ffYE //he makes many effort to dissect as less as possible of the ligaments. On the other hand Professor Robert thinks differently and he Is the most experienced PN surgeon in the world . Don't just think of him as an old fashion . Non of us can judge, we can only decide for ourselves.
I will soon meat Dr Beco for a consultation . I I will have any new useful information, I will share it on the forum.
Take care everyone.
And one last advise I have for you shawn is ,if you haven't had it yet,Try first a good physiotherapy including the internal trigger points.
PN sufferer for 6 years . 3 prostate infiltration by professor Guercini in Rome 2010, one PN block and one Inferior cluneal block by Dr Riant in Nantes 2011, EMG,dopler and one PN block by Dr de Bisschop 2011
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Thanks Zack,
Definiteily update me about what Dr. Beco says. I know about him and have been interested in his approach as well. You can email me or post it. Thanks
Shawn
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
PaulSa

Post by PaulSa »

Zachco wrote:Hello Shawn. I understand your concerns about making the right choices . When I try to take my decision I find it a very hard one, but I try to separate between to different issues (a completely free nerve and the ligaments issue). My goal of course is to be symptoms free , so first I must be sure all my symptoms are related to the PN , What makes it more difficult, because some of my pain might be related to the infra cluneal/ posterior femoral cutaneus nerve, and if so a bigger and more vast surgery is needed. for now I find Professor Robert to be most experienced with this particular situation . He is the only surgeon I have found, to dedicate a whole research for the particular population, suffers from this conflict. In this TG surgery both nerves are approached in two different levels. I Haven't heard of other technic to Annabel it. I have contacted Dr de Bisschop because he said he can decompress those additional nerves with his method. he claims to decompress the whole Infra piriformis area by inserting his balloon there and opening a large space behind and above the icheal spine . In this spot 3 Nerves are passing (pudendal,posterior femoral and icheal ). for the removing of scare tissue he told me he uses his finger and I'm not sure about the magic liquid, but I think I googled it and it was something casual. Last time I have looked in the French forum, one month ago I saw 6 unsatisfied testimonies of patients who where in this forum before and also months after this surgery . 2 testimonies of satisfied patient who had left only one message, and one patient who's regularly on the forum who had a good improvement after it. Non of them is cured (symptom free ). One is worst. This is very different from what I wished to find there after he personally told me he had more than 250 operations with 90% success.
I Understand you concern a lot about the ligament issue and it's longer terms effect. Try to take a look at Dr Beco's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXrRFo7ffYE //he makes many effort to dissect as less as possible of the ligaments. On the other hand Professor Robert thinks differently and he Is the most experienced PN surgeon in the world . Don't just think of him as an old fashion . Non of us can judge, we can only decide for ourselves.
I will soon meat Dr Beco for a consultation . I I will have any new useful information, I will share it on the forum.
Take care everyone.
And one last advise I have for you shawn is ,if you haven't had it yet,Try first a good physiotherapy including the internal trigger points.
Hi Zachco,

Did you meet with Dr. Beco yet? If not, please keep us up to date and tell him Paul from Canada says hello. :D

Return to “SURGERY”