New to site

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Gregg

Re: New to site

Post by Gregg »

Any suggestions on how to address the problem i.e. light stretches, no stretches etc? Thanks
Bi-lateral pudendal decompression surgery September 2010, Dr. Antolak. 54 years old, had radical prostatectomy in 2007 which may have contributed to this pain. Former runner, weight lifter etc. 10 months post op, very little improvement able to walk 15 minutes a day, little to no sitting
Violet M

Re: New to site

Post by Violet M »

Gregg, I was thinking some more about this and since you already had surgery, theorectically the nerve should no longer be entrapped so maybe stretches are OK, but if they are causing you that much pain - I don't know - I guess if it were me I would only do light things that don't hurt. The TENS unit worked great for me and my insurance paid for it so that might be something to consider.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”