Just feeling sorry for myself

Here is an area to discuss and relate to Spiritual matters....share a thought, happy moment, cry on a shoulder, offer some faith to those in need. This area will not be viewable to non registered users.
Laura

Just feeling sorry for myself

Post by Laura »

Hi ALL,

First have to say I'm so grateful to have this community. I read your posts and I feel like I'm getting to know all of you personally.
I'm new to pn journey and because I've educated myself as much as possible from this site (no sitting) &Miralax my pain has been relatively mild. Last few days Sat, Sun, and part Monday almost zero pain. Yesterday because feeling good, I decide house really needs cleaning. Since getting this condition I've really been slacking on housework. I've been babying myself hoping nerve gets it together. :lol: I don't feel like I did any Herculean job cleaning my house (no moving furniture) or lifting anything heavy. Just dusting, sweeping, moping. I did do some bending, picking up sweepings and such, but nothing I thought was so outrageous! Well by the evening I paid for it! I got a new pain I never had before! A deep shooting pain in the left side of my pelvis. That is the side my nerve has been giving trouble from the beginning. This shooting pain would come and go, but when it came it was enough to stop me in my tracks! Now I have a caring husband (retired) who says let me know when you have to pick something up. I would feel guilty every time I have to ask. It seems to me ever since I got this condition everything is on the floor, socks etc. or I drop everything & have to bend to pick up. I guess I did bend a lot prior to this condition but never thought about it :D . Oh I miss my old life, sitting, bending, cleaning, etc.
Today no shooting pain just feels raw inside tg. I know I could get one of those grabby thing for picking things up, but It seems like I would have to walk around with it hanging off my neck (like a necklace) :lol: :lol: . Oh lord just opened mail & insurance co. denying cymbalta. Oh happy days. Sorry for all my complaining. I know I have nothing to complain about compared to others who post here. Just needed to vent.
thanks
helenlegs 11

Re: Just feeling sorry for myself

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Well at least you know that we all do understand,((((HUGS)))) I like the idea of your jewellery accessories :) and am a bit jealous of your tidy house. It always amazes me what does cause a jump in pain. I can't a;ways put it down to one activity like bending or lifting it just seems to be 'doing stuff' Trouble is I like doing stuff. Anyway it's a good excuse to pace the housework tasks, with a nice cup of tea on the couch in between (just say, Helen made me) or even pass them on to someone else.
Take care
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

If the grabbers help you, buy several and tuck them away all over the house. This is my strategy for cheap reading glasses. :lol:
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
pomegranate

Post by pomegranate »

Hey Laura,

When my pain was at it's worst, vacuuming was out of the question, and mopping/sweeping were problematic. Those chores would all cause flare ups. Definitely pace yourself with those tasks! I never used the grabbers, but I hear they're great. Hang in there!

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Cleaning, personally I'm glad I have an excuse why I don't do it now :lol:
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Stephanie P

Post by Stephanie P »

A grabber is great, Laura, I've been using one for years, mostly for laundry. I've also trained myself to go down on one knee and kneel, as long as there's something within reach to hold onto when I stand up; this has done wonders for thigh strength. I hope your flare eases soon.
Pudendal neuralgia, diagosed as ischial bursitis, from 1985. Worsened by fall in 2003. Bilateral TG surgery in Nantes 2004. Nerve flattened both sides. No improvement, still cannot sit.
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Laura;
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one to drop everything. Did I do it before and just don't remember? Who knows. The grabber does work but like you, I'd need to use it as a necklace and I've even dropped that thing, plus the thing I was trying to lift!! E Jezeez Louise!!!
I told my husband that after I have the surgery, he'll come home to a whole bunch of stuff all over the floor.
Hang in there. You are not alone. You belong to a very large club of "Grabber Owners"
My best;
Doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Laura, if it's any comfort to you, there may come a day when you can graduate from using grabbers or borrowing your hubby to pick things up. I have a few grabbers left kicking around here and all they get used for now is to pick up the occasional spider or scorpion that wanders into the house. (Yes, we do have scorpions around here :lol: )
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SPIRITUAL AREA”