Sensitve topic

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
carolynm

Sensitve topic

Post by carolynm »

Anyone have pain when their clitoris is touched?

cm
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Amanda

Re: Sensitve topic

Post by Amanda »

Its very normal Im afraid...even underwear touching that area is very painful. I use ice a lot to desensitize that area.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I get a pain that travels the exact same route at the back of my thigh near the top, but my clitoris doesn't hurt,the pain just pings across there when it is touched. It is extremely weird but when I examined this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ray832.png it could be the perineal branch as the pain follows a similar path (only to one side).
Anyone else get this as I haven't heard anyone mention it. Are you meaning clitoral pain when touched there?
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Pain at site and travels up through my pelvic area. Ugh.

cm
No meds work for me
merrie

Post by merrie »

Add me to the list that has this. Dr hibner thinks I have dorsal and perineal branch issues.

Merrie
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

That would make sense Merrie, What is your next step with it?
I just wonder if the nerve is entrapped further up as mine is supposed to be why do I have this ridiculous shooting pain (not quite the electric shock type though) when touched there? Might find out one day when it's gone. :)
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Merrie,

Did that show up on your MRI last year?

cari
No meds work for me
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Helen,

I"m thinking wherever the nerve is irritated/entraped, it affects the branches and areas distal to that entrapment. Is that correct ladies and gents?

cari
No meds work for me
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

That was my thought too. It will be fantastic when we can correlate an individuals symptoms with individual entrapments. All of these discussions are going to help with that.
smitzel

Post by smitzel »

Add me to the list of clitoral pain. It is easily the worst of my symptoms. I would love to connect w/ any of you to find out how you deal with it. I am on 100mg of gabapentin 3x/day (a total of 300mg/day). I started w/ 300mg 3x/DAY (total of 900) and that was way too much for me. the 100mg tabs are so much better for side effects!! But, I don't know, when I get a flare my clitoris is so incredibly sensitive that every movement is out of this world. The gaba has helped. Also I am seeing Dr. Hibner in December and heard about the dorsal nerve injections he is now doing so that may be of some help but extremely anxiety provoking b/c one has to be put under for it. Any help on how you all deal with this would be great, with me it's mostly anxiety and emotionally dealing with the pain. Also, I live in MN if there is anyone out there with the same symptoms who would like to get together to discuss. Good luck and healing to us all. ;)
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”