Which is better Potter MRI or Filler MRN Where's The Proof?

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
carolynm

Re: Which is better Potter MRI or Filler MRN Where's The Pro

Post by carolynm »

Shawn,

Did your mRI show any nerve entrapment? Are you to assume that the enlarged veins are causing nerve irritation?

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Hi Cari, The varices (enlarged veins) may mean there is entrapment or may not mean anything. The one thing I know is that not everybody with PNE has an MRI from Potter or a MRN from Filler that will show entrapment even if you do have one. The technology is still not good enough to see every entrapment, so there is a chance it will or will not show anything even if you do have entrapment. The main thing is that if you have pain in your perineum for 6 months to 1 year or more, you probably have nerve entrapment or nerve neuralgia no matter what any MRI or MRN says. Surgeons do not need a positive MRI or MRN showing entrapment or scar tissue a
s their basis for doing the surgery.
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Hi Cari, Noticed you are doing pelvic floor therapy for your problems, so I am assuming you have urinary frequency or urgency. If so, bladder training has really helped me. If you're not sure what that is you can Google it or let me know and I will help
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
nyt

Post by nyt »

Shawnmellis, one does pelvic floor PT for a variety of conditions (constipation, obturator internus spasm that causes obturator neuralgia, fecal incontinence, myofascial release, etc), doesn't have to be just for urinary problems.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Shawn,
thank you for your post, yes, when my pain is flaring I have urinary urgency. I just read your long post which included info on bladder training.
Thank you!

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”