Next step

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Karyn

Re: Next step

Post by Karyn »

Hi Cindy,
NYT is correct in informing you that Dr. Conway just started performing the transgluteal approach this past March (or end of February). Please don't regret not choosing the correct surgeon.
If you had sutures in your nerve, causing severe damage, NO surgeon would be able to correct that. My concern is that you may have additional scar tissue from the TIR approach, warranting an 3T MRI. Is this something that would be possible for you to do? How long have you had the pain pump in? Was it prescribed by Dr. Conway 3 years ago?
Could you please confirm you had unilateral surgery and on which side? Where are you feeling the stabbing & pins and needles?
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
JeanieC

Re: Next step

Post by JeanieC »

Hi Cindy and welcome to the forum!

I think the physician who implants the sacral stimulators that NYT referred to above may be Dr Kenneth Peters, who is a urologist in Michigan in the Detroit area. I listened to a radio program online called The Pelvic Messenger in which Dr Peters said he can do pudendal nerve stimulators as well as sacral, and he does a trial of both, so that he can place the permanent leads wherever you obtain the most relief.
I might consider a TG redo surgery first though if I were you, after the 3T MRI, but since you already know what it is like to have a neurostimulator you have more knowledge than me on this subject. I do have rectocele repair in my history like you though, but mine was not done with mesh, it was called a STARR procedure.

Best wishes,
Jeanie
Diagnosed with left side PN by Dr Renney, March 2010, after over 2 years of searching for help
Left TG Surgery, Dr Ansell, August 2010, failed to relieve pain

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”