Potter vs. Kalinkin

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
carolynm

Potter vs. Kalinkin

Post by carolynm »

So it's been said that Kalinkin is not finding as many "entrapments" as Potter. What are everyone's thoughts?

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Violet M

Re: Potter vs. Kalinkin

Post by Violet M »

Last I heard Kalinkin was using the 1.5 T MRI. Does anyone know what she's using now?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Kalinkin isn't as good as Potter.Dr. Potter is the best so far,although she isn't from John Hopkins but from an Ivy League school i.e Cornell University. :D :D :D
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
knap

Post by knap »

I am new to this. I have an appointment with Dr. Hibner in November for diagnosis. It would be nice to know how it will be done.
AlBrown

Post by AlBrown »

It's possible the reason Potter may not read other MRI's is because she was not there during the procedure. When I had mine done she was supposedly in with the techs live as it was being done and the tech explained this is how it is usually done by her. If that is the case, it makes sense she only reads her own images.
donstore

Post by donstore »

That was my experience also. The tech told me towards the end of my procedure that Dr. Potter needed some more images and the MRI started up again and ran for a few more minutes. I can only assume that she saw my problem area and ran over it again and she must have made some adjustments to get a better look.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell

Return to “MRI/MRN”