Pain pumps

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Grammy

Pain pumps

Post by Grammy »

Why is it that more people with pne do not opt for an implanted pain pump. It is my understanding that just a tiny microgram of an opiate will do more than a whole handful of pills. I most likely will undergo a trial of neurostimulation in a few weeks. I am just so tired of being so sick and tired. It has taken everything away from me. I have to try these things first because of having so much surgery already. Gram
Laura

Re: Pain pumps

Post by Laura »

Please keep us updated and hoping you have relief from your pain. :)
calluna

Post by calluna »

A neurostimulator is on my list of things to try if my imminent surgery is not successful, it has already been mentioned to me. I want to try absolutely everything else first though.

Having an implant is life-changing and I think this is one reason that there are not many people who opt for a pain pump - or a neurostimulator. I think that the main reason, though, is that not everyone is offered such a thing.

I too hope that you get some good pain relief with the neurostimulator trial. Do you have a date for it yet?
sam

Post by sam »

A Neurostimulator seems to be a nice idea, anything that can offer some pain relief. I find it very hard to sleep at night because of the extreme pain and palpitations that I am dreading the nights now. I cant take a lot of medications also as it makes my constipation worse.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Actually there is a whole section for posts about Neurostimulators. Here.
sam

Post by sam »

Thank you Calluna, I will read them.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”