My HMO and the health insurance for the poor, which I have

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
Hugh

My HMO and the health insurance for the poor, which I have

Post by Hugh »

-- deleted --
Last edited by Hugh on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.

- Marie Curie [Madame Curie], 1867-1934, chemist/physicist,
born Marja Sklodowska in Poland; freethinker; married physicist
Pierre Curie; Nobel Prize won for physics (1903) and for
chemistry (1911); isolated, described and named the radioactive
elements radium and polonium (named after her native land)
Celeste

Re: My HMO and the health insurance for the poor, which I ha

Post by Celeste »

If they won't even pay for the consult, why would you think they would pay for the surgery recommended at it?

If you can't get insurance to pay for the surgery, and you don't have money to pay for the surgery yourself...I guess you would be going to the consult for peace of mind that you have an answer in case your circumstances change later on. In other words you would have one step in the eventual process completed.

I'm very sorry for your situation. I hope your particular insurance has some way to give you definitive answers so you know exactly what you're dealing with.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”