Any home pt exercises?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
fak_Et

Any home pt exercises?

Post by fak_Et »

Can anyone share with me some things to do at home/ in the meantime for PNE.

I have an appointment scheduled for pt but its not till at least a month from now.
Lernica

Re: Any home pt exercises?

Post by Lernica »

Take a look at Amy Stein's book on pelvic pain.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
pomegranate

Re: Any home pt exercises?

Post by pomegranate »

Also, Isa Herrera's book has excellent advice on at home physical therapy. I suggest reading both her book and Stein's book.

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”