Anger

Post information about your local support group here
calluna

Re: Anger

Post by calluna »

Helpme, you have several responses to your first post elsewhere in this section. I do hope that you have managed to get in touch with someone.
Helpme

Post by Helpme »

Thank you, I need all the help I can get right now.
reckless

Post by reckless »

I feel anger a lot of the time. My symptoms were brought on due to a stupid stretch that I did where I was bending over to touch my toes with a weight in my hands. My symptoms got better two weeks after the initial event, I had some good rest one particular weekend. I went to work on the monday, I spent 13 hours at work that day on a chair. Since that day I have never been the same again. I think to myself why did I do that stupid stretch, why did I spend so much time at work that day, why did they work me so hard. I need to stop thinking about these things.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Reckless, how could you have known an illness like PNE even existed and that doing a simple stretch could wreak such havoc? There's lots of things I wish I had done differently too but then I remind myself I had no way of knowing -- most people can do those things and not get PNE. So it was probably already in the cards, right?

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Violet M wrote:Reckless, how could you have known an illness like PNE even existed and that doing a simple stretch could wreak such havoc? There's lots of things I wish I had done differently too but then I remind myself I had no way of knowing -- most people can do those things and not get PNE. So it was probably already in the cards, right?

Take care,

Violet
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Diana10

Post by Diana10 »

I am reading all I can on this site as even old posts are helpful in dealing with this awful condition. I was wondering how you are and hope ok and maybe cured! I have not been able to be on here many times as cannot stand without moving
And still will get pain. I can only lye on Rt side so holding laptop to awkward but now I have an iPad!!!! And more of the world is open to me,. This is why I am reading all the stuff on here.
I have been mor sad about this than angry but I had the blessing of finding a caring neurologist,young but willing to keep looking for ideas that might work for me. after 12 years he has gone to new Institution. his rep,cement has accepted his
Course of pain meds for me as very high and she is young and in practice as well. But I have been on Xanax 1.0mg since the failure and dessterious surgery at johns Hopkins that was suppose to find the nerve damage and fix it after the original surgery,simple female surgery. Soooo the Xanax has probably what keeps me from anger and depression,but
I will just say that God has been with me every time I hit a wall.
i also am on large dose of oxy,some opana and LYricA. the first is becoming less effective,?what next. Already hd pain
Pump,no thank you please. just wrote this so you would know I am empThic to your situation for sure!!!
anyway, just want to find you well. Diana10
RoanokePNEHell

Post by RoanokePNEHell »

If it makes you feel any better I think about killing myself or just dying in general everyday because this pain is soooooooo holocaustly awful too us. People don't get it. They see that we are otherwise healthy except for the pain and they can't grasp why we would WANT to die. Take my bro for instance. I just got into an argument with him on fb because I vocalized how you are feeling on their myself and he called me selfish and whiny. So when the times are dark man there are people in the world who feel how you do and I am one of them.

Return to “Local Support Groups”