Cusion seat

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
carolynm

Cusion seat

Post by carolynm »

Just saw Loretta yesterday and she had 3 cushion seats to try out. I loved the www.cusionyourassets.com and just purchased the black one with the circle cut-out, firm. Felt like sitting on a toilet seat and i enjoyed every minute of it!

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
smitzel

Re: Cusion seat

Post by smitzel »

Hi, Carolynn,

the website doesn't work. any other options?

Steph
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.
Faith

Post by Faith »

The url is missing the "h" it should be http://www.cushionyourassets.com I tried one of the cushions (the extra-firm) but it was not useful for me. It is not made of a very dense foam and so it squishes very easily under your weight (and I only weigh 125lbs) so after sitting on it a couple minutes it was flattened to the chair. Glad it works for you Cari.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Faith,

the same d%^& thing happened to me after I used a couple of times. My dad bought a cusioned toilet seat for me to use on top of it but it doesn't quite work either.
I'll browse this topic to look for more ideas.

cm
No meds work for me
tjincolorado

Post by tjincolorado »

Hi Carolyn,

This is my company. Want to say how sorry I am that the cushion did not work. I always welcome feedback and will try to help you the best way I can. Send me an email and I'll see what I can do.

I started the company because I have pudendal neuralgia and interstitial cystitis and had PNE surgery in January. I also have SI joint and hip pain from an accident 3 years ago. I joined this forum a few months ago to talk with others about PNE. It is truly the worst thing I have been through.

Really sorry that you're having problems and hope you will start feeling better soon.

Trudy
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Same thing that faith said...the foam I guess isn't firm enough so my middle parts sank through the hole & touched the chair.

I may have already asked you, but are you in Denver? I'm in Steamboat.

cari
No meds work for me
Faith

Post by Faith »

Trudy,

We've emailed some privately. How are you doing post-op? I know it's been a hard road for you. Thank you for what you've done in trying to help others with your cushions. I think sitting is just so extremely hard with this condition and everyones needs are so different (cushion wise). I am basically at the point I can't sit at all anymore.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
tjincolorado

Post by tjincolorado »

Hi, Sorry the cushions did not work for you. I wish you had contacted me so I could have helped you find a solution. The majority of my customers have PN and we do our best to get them the right cushion. We have different firmness choices and take special orders.

Right now I don't sit except for quick car trips as I'm still recovering from the PNE surgery. I do all my work standing. It's a rough road for anyone and a long one too. I'm thankful for supportive friends and therapists, that makes all the difference!

I live in Colorado Springs and not ready for winter!

Best wishes,
Trudy
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi
Trudy
Im writing for info on your cushion..
I have read the above posts from Cari and Faith and suspect I might have the same issue if I purchased the cushion i.e.... my butt would sink down and touch the surface,
and then I would feel pain.
My pain is anal and my goal is to be able to sit just enough to eat a meal drive locally etc..
and keep my anal area raised a bit.

I wonder if a specific cushion could be designed for me..
I am very small built and have basically no padding ...(my pain began with IC symptoms 6 yrs back and many of the diet chgs and stress caused severe weight loss..
So my little butt needs firmness to keep it raised but it would needto be comfortable. I barely weigh 100lbs so I would not be very heavy
I have treid many other cushions but at the moment they don't work well.
Could you let me know if you think your cushion styles could help me? I desperately need to get out the of house, ..it would work wonders in my recovery.
I hope you are doing well and wish you the best. i admire you for taking the initiative to create a product like this.
Thank you inAdvance!
Kathy
nebbias01

Post by nebbias01 »

To Trudy,
I love your twin cheeks cushion for my anal pudendal neuralgia. I like that you can spread the cushions as far apart as you need and secure them with velcro. Please don't be discouraged and decide to stop making them. Before I tried the twin cheeks I was desperate but now I can do some normal activities. In fact I recently ordered a second "twin cheeks". I think different kinds of pain may require different kinds of cushions but you are on the right track. Thank you so much.
I hope you are feeling better yourself.
Nebbias01

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”