HOW physioterapy can help for PNE?

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Pisama

HOW physioterapy can help for PNE?

Post by Pisama »

HI.

I am wondering if you have mecanical entrapment how phyrioterapy can help that???? So what can be the mecanism ? Do you have some good advises about what kind of pt I should have? I will go to see pt who should be good with all kind of pelvis problems, but when I called for her she didnt know what is pudendal nerve entrapment. But when I said my symptons she said that yes for sure she can try to help, I know she should be good with myofascial things.... I dont know. Ofcourse I will go there but I just dont understand how pt can help with mecanical entrapmen...

Thank yuo if you have time to answer!
helenlegs 11

Re: HOW physioterapy can help for PNE?

Post by helenlegs 11 »

If you do have an actual entrapment I don't think physio will help unfortunately. If it does help, long term especially, you can usually decide that you have pudendal neuralgia (PN) and not pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE)
Having PN would be much better :) and easier to deal with conservatively, with physio and injections etc. fingers crossed, that is you xx I think it is a good idea to do the physio, hopefully it will help.
If she is good at the anatomy of the pelvis at least you will know exactly the places that do hurt on palpitation and referred pain, if nothing else.
Maybe she will write you a report that you could take to other Dr's in the future, if the physio treatment doesn't totally help, and you need some more treatment later.
Helen xx
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

My Potter MRI said "entrapment" in one paragraph and then "abutment" in another.

I consider myself mechanically entrapped because of this. Pelvic physio is hopefully going to hopefully help me by getting my sacrum back in correct position (I have a sacral torsion), thereby moving the ligaments away from the nerve. That is my hope.

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
pomegranate

Post by pomegranate »

helenlegs 11 wrote:If you do have an actual entrapment I don't think physio will help unfortunately. If it does help, long term especially, you can usually decide that you have pudendal neuralgia (PN) and not pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE)
Having PN would be much better :) and easier to deal with conservatively, with physio and injections etc. fingers crossed, that is you xx I think it is a good idea to do the physio, hopefully it will help.
If she is good at the anatomy of the pelvis at least you will know exactly the places that do hurt on palpitation and referred pain, if nothing else.
Maybe she will write you a report that you could take to other Dr's in the future, if the physio treatment doesn't totally help, and you need some more treatment later.
Helen xx
I agree with Helen. However, I would strongly recommend you see a PT who has extensive knowledge of the role the pudendal nerve plays in pelvic pain.
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Lauren! Nice to hear from you. How are you doing these days? Have you recovered fully from your hip surgery? What's your next step?
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”