Hip joint and ligaments/ piriformis/ SIJD?

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
bradley

Hip joint and ligaments/ piriformis/ SIJD?

Post by bradley »

For quite a while I have had tight hips, never much flexability at all. My left hip has always been tighter than the right as well. When I squat down my left hip will "pop" occasionally, but the right never has. It feels like when I pop my back or knuckles, but is more powerful.

My first symptoms before full blown PN was my left buttocks under the ischial tuberosity had a strong ache, then it felt life I had a marble or lump under the tuberosity. I even felt it by hand, but couldn't feel a lump. I changed chairs and took more standing breaks, and it seemed to get better for a few weeks with no noticable issues, then the PN pain and symptoms began.

I take hot baths which seem to relieve spasms I have in my pelvis, and when lying on my back with my knees drawn up and split slightly to the side (knees 90 degree and legs opened) I noticed it felt very tight right wear it connects under my scrotum to the ischial tuberosity like a tight ligament.

Anyway, i was hoping anyone could tell me if the tight ligament (what it is) has anything to do with PN causing issues as well as the hip tightness, or if it could be symptoms of SIJD or piriformis. I am trying to narrow down any associated issues I have while I am waiting for PT session and eval. A couple different things have the marble lump feeling as a symptom, I just am trying to figure out if any of this is related.

I can tell I am rambling and this might not make tons of sense, I just took some meds and am feeling a little spacey. Thanks.
carolynm

Re: Hip joint and ligaments/ piriformis/ SIJD?

Post by carolynm »

It's such an interesting presentation, I'm not sure what to say. A good PT eval will be crucial. When is your appt?
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

My hips always feel very tight, but I think it's just overall pelvic tightness of the muscles contracting from PN-caused pain.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
bradley

Post by bradley »

Feeling better now.

Well the tight ligament thing is what I was wondering about most. Didn't know if that tight feeling there might be something someone else had felt.

My hips have always been tight and my left hip has always popped like that since high school. I thought maybe it was IT band syndrome (snapping hip), but it actually just feels like the joint itself is popping.

I read that the levator ani syndrome can cause the marble feeling as well.

I did try the sitting and placing one leg at a 90 degree over the other knee to do a piriformis stretch. My right leg was no problem, my left I could barely get on to the other leg let alone stretch down like supposed to.

My symptoms came on from prolonged sitting, so I was wanting to check out other diosorders that can be caused the same way that could effect the PN or have similar symptoms. Maybe I need to look more in to the perineal branch cuteneal nerve I just read about.

I am talking to the PN aware PT over email and then will make the appointment. Right now, luckily, I dont have much pain aside from spasms after sex that last days (levator ani, urethral sphincter, who knows) and had bad pain at the tailbone area which has gone down a lot. I really want that spasm under control. I am going to have to get checked for PFD, udendal nerve palpatation, piriformis and SI joint, etc.

The doc I went to said my symptoms were 1,000,000 to one and the PN professionals I have talked to said it is not THAT rare for prolonger (10+) daily hours of sitting over months can cause either pudendal issues directly or muscular issues that can affect the pudendal. That is what I am needing to try to fight.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”