Msg fro violet

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Mahzi

Violet msg from mahzi

Post by Mahzi »

HI Violet
I recieved a mail from Dr. beco he said he does not do the surgery Br. Bautrant does as he says it is not logical from an anatomical point of view.
The method Dr. Bisscop is doing is similar to what he used to do till 2008. he now feels it is necessary to cut the sacro ligament to have good results.
It is also difficult to do another durgery due to build up of scar tissues.
My question is violet that if dr. Bisschop claims he can remove the scar tissues with probe and baloon then cant these scar tissues come back again. Just wondering what you feel.
i am off to Mumbai on tuesday to have my nerve block its my first time in India I hope that they do it as well as they did mine in belgium where i got good relief I read on this forum somewhere (I think in Australia where they are doing continous nerve block using CT guided scanner and floroscopy) with good results..
Regards mahzi
Violet M

Re: Violet msg from mahzi

Post by Violet M »

Hi Mahzi,

Good luck with your nerve blocks. I hope you will get good relief from them and that you can avoid another surgery.
It's good to hear there are docs in India treating this illness now. If you could give us the contact info maybe we can get their names up on the website and have a section for India.

Yes, I understand that Dr. Beco, Bautrant, and de Bisschop do not agree on how to treat PNE. In fact, there probably are not 2 doctors in the world who agree on absolutely everything regarding this illness. So you just need to study out the different methods and choose which one you think is right for you. My guess is that you have already had the SS ligament partially severed from your first surgery with Bautrant. Do you still have your surgery report?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Mahzi

Msg for Violet

Post by Mahzi »

Hi Violet
I read my surgery report and yes you were right the ligament was cut partially. I got another msg form Dr. beco he says that usually scar tissues appear a few months after surgery usually not after so many years. He said to do TRIGGER POINTS on my muscles with my phusio as that could also be the cause of my pain. Actually what are trigger points I havent spoken to my physio as he is out of satation. Actually once i was well after my surgery i was sitting like any normal person as i felt my problems are over. Does one have to take care or that after surgery. Could that also be the problem of this horrible PNE coming back. Well I will do it after my CT guided nerve block which is on the 19th. I am keeping my fingers crossed as out here it is not commonly given well i am going to the best radiologist and he sounds confident. The doctors also feel he is good but how good with PN blocks. Will let you know. In the mean time can you explain about trigger points.
Regards mahzi
sam

Re: Msg for Violet

Post by sam »

Hi mazhi, I hope everything goes on well with your nerve block in Bombay. Can you tell me where in Belgium did you get the nerve blocks the first time? My condition is going downhill, I have both prolapse and pain, I really dont know which to attack first and what will be the consequences.
Mahzi

nerve blocks in belgium

Post by Mahzi »

Hi sam
Are you from belgium.? i went to the hospital in Liege. The hospital was Chr - SITE DE LA CITADELLE, BOULEVARDDU 12 DE LIEGE I.4000 LIEGE.. the doctor who did my electromyographie was dr. Michele Bex. (neurophysiologic perineales) Hospital no is
tel 04 225 61 11 fax 04 226 47 47.
have you had your tests done if not do it by her she is very good and then she will suggest what you should do.
The docotr treating this problem is Dr. Jacques Beco but he is in a different hospital. Michele bex will know him.
Regards mahzi
Mahzi

Post by Mahzi »

Hi violet
Ihave posted a message for you in which sam has replied please read my message and tell me about trigger point treatment in the muscle which dr. beco has written can be taken care of by a physiotherapist. What exactly is that. My physio is out of station. I am leaving for my nerve block in mumbai which they will do on wednesday . lets hope it all works out well. As though he is one of the top radiologist how much experience in this field is a problem. well i am going with a positive attitude.
regards mahzi
sam

Post by sam »

Thank you so much Mazhi for the contact information. I am from Belgium, now I am not in Belgium so I will try to contact the hospital once I come back to belgium. I have already met Dr.Beco and he is also very helpful. I am trying all sorts of less invasive methods before I can resort to surgery, waiting to see how it goes. Thanks again for the contact details and wishing you all the Best on wednesday.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mahzi, this website explains trigger point therapy better than I can:

http://www.myofascialtherapy.org/myofas ... index.html
http://tinyurl.com/y8q7jtq

"Since a trigger point is the contraction mechanism of the muscle locked into a shortened position, the treatment of the trigger point involves unlocking that contraction mechanism (sarcomere). This can be achieved in several ways. Trigger Point Pressure Release (David Simons, MD and Janet Travell, MD) involves applying pressure with a finger or other instrument to the trigger point and increasing the pressure as the trigger point "releases" and softens. There are a number of variations on this technique and a skilled practitioner will choose which is right for each patient and muscle treated."

If your nerve wasn't completely released I guess sitting a lot could have caused a new problem. I think it's worth a try to see if trigger point therapy and myofascial release will help but you should know fairly soon if they help or if they aggravate the nerve.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Mahzi

Post by Mahzi »

Hi Violet
firstly I am unable to send you a pvt message.
I got a mail from dr. bautrant he wanted some more information to say if it is myo fasical pain or pudendal neuropatic pain.
Can the nerve get entrapped again.
Thanks about the mail regarding trigger points. I am keaving for my nerve block hope all goes well.
Regards Mahzi
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mahzi, I'm not sure why you can't PM me -- my other mails are coming through OK. I just made more room in my mailbox so maybe you can try again. I think the nerve can get entrapped again but I would be interested to hear what Dr. Bautrant thinks.

Violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”