Chronic pelvic/body pain

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
candice-marie88

Chronic pelvic/body pain

Post by candice-marie88 »

I've not posted in a while, but I have been in pain constantly since my last post in July. I am still experiencing extremely bad pelvic pain alongside additional feelings of painful arousal, dizziness, sickness, feeling light-headed and faint, tingling all over my body. I am also getting severe never pain all over my body, wost in my legs and arms, as well as muscle spasms and throbbing all over and tingling whenever I wash my hands or have a shower. I know this is my nervous system going insane, and I have been to various doctors about this, all saying it's anxiety related. They don't believe I can have so many problems all at once, but I really do, and I know this is not psychological.
I can't sleep at night, my vision has become blurred and I am having terrible headaches. I believe this is all down to PN/E, because i notice all the other symptoms to be worse when my pelvic pain worsens.

I am not on any medication and haven't been for ages. This is so scary and the fact I can't find help, I have never had any luck with doctors, I believe i am cursed with bad luck and will never find help. I lost hope a long time ago, I don't feel like a real person anymore and I feel as if I am seriously ill because my whole body is in pain and I'm'm feeling very spaced out every day.

I have not being diagnosed with any chronic pain disorder, the only things I have been diagnosed with are anxiety and depression, so doctors will not listen to me, and because I mentioned checking symptoms online they assume I only think I am in pain and it is not real. Pain symptoms began nearly 5 years ago, additional problems 9 months ago.

This is all so hopeless and I am sick of trying so hard to be knocked back again :(
pomegranate

Re: Chronic pelvic/body pain

Post by pomegranate »

I am very sorry, Candice.

Can you start over with some new doctors? A family practice doc, and a pain management doc? Don't mention anxiety/depression; focus solely on the physical symptoms. I would think you might need some tests run by the family practice doc just to check out your overall health. Please consider some medications to calm that nervous system (and your anxiety) down! Breaking that pain cycle can be so important.

Have you looked into alternative methods of managing the pain and other symptoms? Massage, acupuncture, gentle yoga, psychotherapy, etc.? Can you exercise at all--walk in the pool, around the block? That might help with sleeping. A warm bath at night, too.

Hang in there. I would really encourage you to find some new providers.

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
Violet M

Re: Chronic pelvic/body pain

Post by Violet M »

Candice, can you travel to see one of the UK pudendal docs listed on this website? I suspect they would take you more seriously.

http://pudendalhope.org/node/57#UK

I suspect they will take you more seriously.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”