THIS IS A RIP OFF SITE Dating for people who can't have sex

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
Violet M

Re: Dating for people who can't have sex

Post by Violet M »

Sunil, I do not believe that anyone who comes to this forum is sub-human -- but I think the idea of dating for love rather than sex is great. ;) I will admit I went through a period of time when I was having some very scary symptoms and had no idea what my diagnosis was where I felt very alone as though I as the only person in the world with my problem -- but here on this forum we can all come to realize that this is a medical condition, nothing more, and we have nothing to be ashamed of. Have you seen my article Taking the Shame out of Pudendal Neuralgia? We have to all stick together and fight this notion that we are freaks, right?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Dear Sunil,

I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience and that your doctors and your partner have not treated you well. I think many of us on the forum understand how you feel because we have been told terrible things and been denied treatments or medication too. I was forced to go to a pyschiatrist (who thought I was a nymphomaniac) in order to get medications and I was not given adequate pain meds. One of my physicians threatened to tell my insurance company not to pay for my treatment outside of the state. Some of my female PNE sufferers have gone through divorces because they could not have sex and some of my PNE friends (male and female) have been put in mental institutions. I understand your tears because I have cried many tears also and I think you are absolutely right that we should not be treated this way. That is why I am doing all I can to advocate for people with PNE and I thank God for the doctors who are helping us. We must not allow people to treat us as victims -- we must advocate for ourselves and educate people.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Sunil, I am worried about you now, when I hear you talking about death being a welcome option. No, it is not 'best just to die'.

I am sorry to hear that you have been badly treated by your partner and such unpleasant things have been said - from the sound of it, said deliberately to hurt you - but please remember - someone saying these things does not make them true.

Please start taking your meds - I don't know why you have high BP or why you need to take tablets regarding cholesterol, but in taking these tablets the idea will be to extend health - not necessarily to extend life, although often it turns out to be the same thing. It would probably be a good idea to see your doctor before you restart, you may need to take the dose up slowly.

I don't know if you have had the opportunity to get psychological support? If not, please do try to get this, Sunil. Seeing your doctor is a good place to start.
sam

Post by sam »

Sunil, very sorry to hear about your problems, I too can relate to your problems.I consider everyone in this forum as my brothers and sisters and this forum is providing me the greatest moral support. Since the start of PNE, I have become more spiritual, and my devotion and prayers have brought me the greatest peace of mind more than anything else. I wish I could devote myself wholly to this purpose. It distracts me from my pain and also offers me a lot of inner peace. It has taught me the true meaning of life. I really want to join some spiritual group and work with them, within my limitations to forget about my pain. I just thought I will share with you my feelings because I have felt the same like you.
calluna

Post by calluna »

I am telling the truth about life and the bad situation PN(E) put's people in and there is no real point to life anyway. What does it mean to have lived ? Lived for what? To be exploited and abused.

The psychologists were the one's who said all of this was in my head and the doctors who gave me anti-depressants, sent to hospitals to obviously treat myself made pain and ED problems! I have been ripped off and I am not losing my relationship but my house too. All my savings have been going to get my PN treated and now I have no money and the medical profession has most of it.

If you think life is worth living please tell me why? I see no reason for life as it offers nothing and there is not much good about our political system that is for the very rich only, the 1%. Be honest there is nothing out there.

What keeps us going is false hope and hoping we are loved BUT we can't be loved.

Sunil
You are talking about life as you see it, Sunil - not as most of us on here see it. And remember that we all have - or have had - PN, so we've all got that in common. We know exactly what it feels like, and we've all had our own low points.

I can hear how unhappy you are, and I can also hear a lot of bitterness there.

We all make choices in life - sometimes they are bad choices, but there is little point in looking back and blaming others. The past cannot be changed - the present and the future are in our own hands.

What keeps us going is not false hope. What keeps us going is very often just the little things, the small everyday pleasures of life that are there for everyone if we choose to see them - and if we are able to see them.

If you are unable to see any pleasures in your life at all, then I am really going to urge you to seek help. Please Sunil, don't give up.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sunil,

I can understand why you would feel so sad after the way you have been treated throughout your life. You have so much to offer to other people because you are truly able to empathize with them. I've seen you helping other people on the forum -- that's why it's important for you to go on living. Other people need the love and compassion you have to offer. Hang in there, Sunil.

Violet
hoping

Post by hoping »

I feel the same way.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”