New member. Need advice.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Re: New member. Need advice.

Post by Violet M »

FP, I don't think you would need an MRI to diagnose a hernia.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/inguin ... -diagnosis
http://tinyurl.com/5tdalds

Tests and diagnosis
By Mayo Clinic staff

A physical exam is usually all that's needed to diagnose an inguinal hernia. Your doctor is likely to ask about your signs and symptoms and to check for a bulge in the groin area. Because standing and coughing can make a hernia more prominent, you may be asked to stand up and cough or strain as part of the exam.

What dose of lyrica are you on? Often a combination of drugs works better than just one. If your problem is muscular you might want to try a muscle relaxer like valium too.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I take 60 mgs of cymbalta with the lyrica and then top that up with tramadol when needed. I haven't ever tried valium as Violet has suggested but a combination of drugs often works best as she said.
Hope you can find a good combination to work for you.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Pisama

Post by Pisama »

Hej !

Jag kan lite svenska, eller hur? Okey I can understand Swedish(Norks) guit well. But cuz I dont have to use it I cant speak it anymore.

I havent been in Bergen and I'll stay at Finland even Oslo is nice.

How r u now? I hope good.Have u found drs who knows about PN, PNE? Would be nice to know does drs knows about this in Norway! I think here is just 2 (u and me) form Northen Europe so would be nice to know how things are here in North.

Pisama
fysiopysio

Post by fysiopysio »

Pisama wrote:Hej !

Jag kan lite svenska, eller hur? Okey I can understand Swedish(Norks) guit well. But cuz I dont have to use it I cant speak it anymore.

I havent been in Bergen and I'll stay at Finland even Oslo is nice.

How r u now? I hope good.Have u found drs who knows about PN, PNE? Would be nice to know does drs knows about this in Norway! I think here is just 2 (u and me) form Northen Europe so would be nice to know how things are here in North.

Pisama
Hej! Vi nordmenn forstår svenska ganska bra också! Jag brukar faktisk at feriera i Sverige, har varit der varje sommar dom senaste 20 år, dock inte denna sommaren på grund av sykan.

Now I'm quite ok. I'm just laying around , having no pain ,when I'm not doing anything - but if I walk for an half hour/our, or bend alot/or try to sit the pain comes! My doctor put me on antibiotics as a last desperate attempt, and after a week I have not gotten any results.. So he told me to come down to the office after a week(tomorrow), and if the antibiotics didnt work he'll put me in hospital so that they wold HAVE to find out whats wrong :) so I hope I'm off tommorrow, and hopefully they will find something wrong with me that can be cured! :)

How are you doing? :)
fysiopysio

Post by fysiopysio »

Fluffersmom wrote:Hilse fra America. Jeg studertet Norsk pa univerisitet for mange are siden. Now I can apologise for my old Bokmal Norwegian studied 40 years ago. I don't know any Nynorsk....I am sorry you are going through this. I too am on Lyrica, a nerve soother, and like you am pain free but pretty useless, just lying around. It's impossible to do the things I used to to. I can imagine how hard it is for a young student like you. I am retired. The other members can offer more advice, I just wanted to add my moral support. Lukke til.... which I learned as Lykke til.
Tusen takk for the Fluffersmom, setter pris på støtten, håper du også blir frisk :)
Pisama

Post by Pisama »

Hej igen Physiofysio!

I am like you, very little pain when I am just laying and doing nothing. But when I walk more than 20 min pain comes.... I am on meds neurontin 1800 and triptyl 10 mg, and actually yesterday I was walking slowly about 40 min and I was ok after that... Now I just try avoid everything what might harm nerve and wait what will happening...

Keep on posting what drs are saying/doing for you! Hope they know about pne or pn, do they?

All the good for you!
cbaz

Post by cbaz »

Fysiopysio,

Were you able to find someone in Bergen to treat you? I live in Bergen too and am looking for any physician with a clue about pne/piriformis syndrome. I just joined the group because this thread showed up when I googled bergen and pudendal neuralgia!

Chris

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”