Intercourse

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Penny

Intercourse

Post by Penny »

Hi

Are there any ladies reading this who are able to have sexual intercourse despite having pn? I just want some testimonies to give me hope. I haven't tried to have sex yet since developing symptoms 10 years ago. I assumed it would be an impossability. I haven,t responded to any treatment. Thanks
carla10

Re: Intercourse

Post by carla10 »

Hi Penny, for some reasons this important issue has not been discussed on the forum very often. For me an intercourse is the biggest problem at present as it causing me a nasty pelvic pain not immediately but hours and days after. Woulid be interesting to know other ladies' opinion

Thank you
Carla
Penny

Post by Penny »

Thank you for your help Sunil.

It would really help me a lot if someone out there could tell me if they've been able to have intercourse with pn? Can others respond?
calluna

Post by calluna »

Yes. Not impossible at all, but it did cause very significant delayed pain.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

That's basically it Calluna.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

No can do.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
deBBieW

Re: Intercourse - slushy condom recipe

Post by deBBieW »

Even if I felt like having intercourse, the thought of more significant pain would get me out of the mood fast. And my hubby would feel terrible if it caused pain. I am finding that watching all the sex filled TV shows is getting harder, it makes me sad :cry: My doc just gave me a "recipe" for filling a condom with 3 parts water, to 1 part rubbing alchohol - fill it, and it makes a slushy not rigid condom one can use before sex, or after. I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't sound like fun to me. Good for pain relief - maybe relieve some of the burning?
do not leave it in for more than a few minutes, you can burn your tissue, so be careful if you try it.

I'm sure you veterans have heard of this before?.... anyone try it?

Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

deBBieW wrote:
I'm sure you veterans have heard of this before?.... anyone try it?
Sorry you are having a hard time of it, Debbie. Some time back, Pianogal posted a hilarious post about the ice condom entitled something like "preparing for sex". Can't find it now, but it will either make you laugh or cry!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

It is painful during and afterwards. It takes 3-4 days for the pain to lessen. Missy
calluna

Post by calluna »

deBBieW wrote:...... my hubby would feel terrible if it caused pain. .....
He's not alone there, that's for sure.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”