Dr Weiss Insurance - Evaluation Costs?

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
bradley

Dr Weiss Insurance - Evaluation Costs?

Post by bradley »

I am wanting to be seen by Doctor Weiss.

They are closed when I tried to call.

Does anyone know what insurance they take and/or how much the initial 1 hour evaluation costs? I could use an expert second opinion.
donstore

Re: Dr Weiss Insurance - Evaluation Costs?

Post by donstore »

Bradley,
Dr. Weiss took my Healthnet HMO and I believe he takes other carriers as well. His office person will tell you the details. Initial evalution appt. was $250. Nerve block was $400. He can diagnose PN but basically he just does an internal exam and looks for the painful spot when pressing down. He is endlessly reassuring and will tell you that nerve blocks and manual therapy will fix you and that he is ready to provide them until your insurance or wallet runs out. His blocks are finger guided. He finds the sore spot and then shoots the block in front of it. If you get numb where your pain is, it means he hit the nerve and you've got PN. He did this sucessfully on me but image guidance would be better if you can get your insurance to pay. He might be a good choice for a second opinion for one or two visits although Sheldon Jordan in LA is also worth considering.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
bradley

Re: Dr Weiss Insurance - Evaluation Costs?

Post by bradley »

Thanks Don.

I am just wanting a second opinion and evaluation for court reasons.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”