Dr Dellon

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
lightmail

Dr Dellon

Post by lightmail »

Of those who have had surgery with Dr Dellon? Was it succesful ? Anyone had T.G. done by him..Just wondering. Thinking about using him but don't know that much about him outside website. Seems smart enough, but would like to hear of his results. Thank you..
donstore

Re: Dr Dellon

Post by donstore »

Lightmail,
I have also been looking for some reports from Dr. Dellon's patients. Griff said her burning was better but hasn't posted lately. Lottanerve said she was no better (on TIPNA). Two of his patients told me privately that they were no better but haven't posted on the topic. Robyn was supposedly better but quit posting. Joeswift (on TIPNA) is still early in his recovery. Everybody in Chap. 12 of his book seems to have improved but nobody has shared the good news on the forums. So either people are feeling better and moving on with their lives (and quit posting) or are feeling no better and are just too depressed to talk about it here.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
nyt

Post by nyt »

I have spoken with one of the individuals in Dr. Dellon's Chapter 12 and was surprised that they were in the Chapter esp. since the chapter leads you to believe everyone was better and this individual has had zero improvement.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
ezer

Post by ezer »

As some of you know, I had dorsal nerve surgery in Baltimore 7 months ago. The dorsal nerve compression symptoms as described in the research papers by Dr.Aszman and Dr.Dellon seemed to describe my symptoms perfectly so I naturally explored that route. Dr.Dellon's surgical technique is amazing as the recovery is extremely quick.
I had initially an excellent response and outcome. The flight back from Baltimore was easy and I was truly excited about the results.
Unfortunately, after 3-5 weeks my usual symptoms came back progressively and after 3 months, I was no better than before surgery.
I truly do not know why I got better initially for only a short time and I prefer not to speculate. My experience mirrors closely what Ali has reported a few months ago here on pudendalhope.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Ezer,

That is absolutely true about my dorsal nerve surgery as well with professor Oskar Aszmann.I had initially great improvement but by the 3 month mark, my symptoms returned to as they were before the surgery.Unfortunately,my symptoms are becoming worse with intense pain at the base of Penis on the left side and rectal spasms on the right side.The right side seems like I never had dorsal nerve surgery.I also have some inner thigh pain on the left side now which wasn't there before the dorsal nerve surgery.

I think that my PN is still still entrapped at the ligament grip and the posterior Alcock's Canal as shown by Dr. Potter and those areas need to decompressed further.

I have expressed my concerns to Professor Aszmann and we are looking into further surgeries what can be done to salvage the situation.

TG Options are with Dr. Hibner,Dr. Martin Hal at the moment.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
ezer

Post by ezer »

Ali,
I am sorry to hear of your struggle. I also experience some new symptoms. While I had strictly unilateral symptoms since the onset, I do experience post surgery some discomfort on the other side now.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Oh boys, this is such a difficult time for both of you, especially with all of the research you have both done so diligently. I can imagine you almost feel wiped out, and I do feel for you both. I will keep everything crossed for some better results from any future plans.
Good luck you deserve it so much.
take care,
helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

Ezer and Ali,

I am so sorry to hear both of you are not better.

Do you possibly think that the reason you are not better is because the nerve is entrapped at the distal Alcocks canal?

I am not sure if you have had the Potter MRI, Ezer, but I really feel like this main PN trunk not being fully decompressed compromises recovery.

After my recent surgery 3 wks ago in Austria, my entire Alcocks is decompressed. I've yet to receive the operative report.

I hope and pray and believe that I will continue to improve. I can actually sit on a soft surface which is miraculous for me! Only 5-10 min a day now though. My nerve was very bad so it has to stay away from inflammation.

Guys we have to figure this out-- rather-- the docs do!

Jessica
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
PN_down_under

Post by PN_down_under »

As devastating as it is for me to accept this, unfortunately my experience after dorsal nerve surgery with Dr Aszmann seems seems to be mirroring the 'outcomes' experienced by Ali and Ezer. As told to me by Dr Aszmann, surgery found a tremendous compression of my left dorsal, and "100% my problem has been found and rectified". I was feeling relatively great for first 3-4 weeks after surgery (I sat on a plane for 20 hours with only mild discomfort, just 10 days post-op), and looking forward to ongoing improvement, but now I seem to be on a slow regression back to previous symptoms and intensity (I am now week 7 post op). When I query this phenomenon I am told, 'you have to wait many months for improvement, it will take time, just wait'.

I have trouble accepting this however, because it is not the first time I have been told this by a doctor (i.e. their fallback answer), and secondly, no matter how slow it may be, it should be getting better, not worse! My own theory (guess), is that the surgery frees up a lot of room down there initially, letting the nerve breath, but inevitably the healing process starts constricting and closing everything up again and you are back to where you started, and possibly worse.

I am totally distraught about this. This was a last hope for us, spending a signifigant portion of our life savings flying to the otherside of the world, and afterwards being told that it will all get better. Now, I am back in the situation I was before; not even 30, expecting our first child in 4 months, but unable to look into the future with any hope or joy. How can I say I can support my wife and child and give them a good life, when every day is miserable and unrelenting, and the only thing I can be sure of is the next day will be the same?
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi PN_down_under,
What do you suggest that we do now?Maybe ,we should conference in Dr. Aszmann and speak to him together.I have talked to Professor Aszmann and have told him directly that his surgery was a complete failure and infact I have become worse.I can't even wear my underwear because of the pain that I have at the left side of my Penis now.

I am very frustated and sad at the moment.

This is most unfortunate for all of us.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011

Return to “SURGERY”