Need someone to talk to (on the phone)

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Christopher

Need someone to talk to (on the phone)

Post by Christopher »

I really need to talk to someone on the phone who has empathy for PN. Is there anyone who would be kind enough to speak with me? I am having a VERY hard time right now. :(

Chris
Lernica

Re: Need someone to talk to (on the phone)

Post by Lernica »

Christopher,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. We are each of us struggling with this condition and, personally, I feel that I need to protect myself emotionally from other people's despair. So talking to you is not an option for me. But please write to us.

What's happening? Why so down today?
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

Lernica you make a great point about protecting your own well fair. Sometimes I am too emotionally weak to help others. I hope someone can help Chris today. I am not a good person at this time either. Chris I pray you find someone to talk to. I see a counselor so I do not burn my family out. Take Care, Missy
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Chris,
I'd be happy to speak with you over the phone. Please PM me your phone number. :P
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Chris;
I will talk to you anytime. If it wasn't for others to talk to, I'm not sure what I would have done. I will PM my phone number to you.
doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Hello;
I've tried very hard to ignore this posting area but I just can't seem to get it out of my head.
I had surgery 11/1 and I burn more now than ever. Last week I wrote to a gal for help. I was just about at my max with both pain and lousy disposition. I wanted some ideas on how to get myself out of this. She immediately replied with a few great ideas and I couldn't thank her enough. I happened along Chris's posting. I felt so bad for him and I gave him my info so he could just talk it out, if he so needed. I had just asked for help so I really understood where he was coming from. What I don't get is how people can turn him down. Do we know what state he is in mentally? Are we in a position to keep him from doing something stupid to himself? Aren't we all here looking for help? This is the very first time that I've been disapointed with some of the members. I haven't always agreed, but I've never been disapointed.
Talking to others has always helped me with answers and it also took my mind off of myself for a little while. I think when we become so self absorbed we forget others, PN patients, family members, friends and especially spouses are suffering also. We need to think of them too and when we talk to others, just maybe we can see their side of the story.
I'm always here for you Chris and anyone else for that matter. I've had this PN for 3 years and I'm still not very smart about it, but I can be a listener. Today I feel like crap and I'm alone, which I hate, so call. Company or phone calls when I feel like **** always helps. Chris, others feel as I do, so maybe you'd rather speak to them. It doesn't matter who, just call someone so you can feel a bit better and maybe understand your wife's frustration, if that's what it is.
My best to all. Hopefully next time I post, I can say I see an improvement.
Doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Ya know, Dor - I agree with you. I was shocked when I saw the responses to this person trying to reach out. I too was under the impression that this was the place we came to for support from those who understand what we're going through. I don't understand why they just didn't respond to the post, instead of openly turning their backs on Chris.
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Lara

Post by Lara »

If i just were a full english spoken...but we can learn from each other Chris ;)
my main language is spanish,i came to the USA 14 yrs ago and i am still struggling with the language,it is easier for me to read or to writte in english.
i will PM my phone number,maybe we can talk and share our pain,i spent most of the day alonemy husband works two jobs,my 20 yr old daughter works and studies,and
my 13 yr old daughter comes home around 330 ,straight to eat ,and sometimes i dont want her to see her mother's misery,so she stays in her room or goes to a friend's house,the only company i have is my dog and a bird :(

God is with you,and you can count on me if you need a friend,or someone to talk to.

Lara.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

There are so many ways to be supportive, and it's fine to let somebody know what you can and cannot do for them. I didn't see any lack of sympathy for Chris, far from it. I do think phone calls are going the extra mile, considering that it has to be at an arranged time and once on the phone, you really don't know what you're getting into...and there is always the possibility that it's too much for you. It makes you face that you are not a professional, you don't have their ability to disengage emotionally, and you can't handle every situation. Whereas with a posting, you can take your time to think about your reply and do it on your own schedule. I just think that even the most supportive person has to know their limits, and it's okay to have them.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
nyt

Post by nyt »

Celeste, well said. My sentiments exactly.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”